Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Question Help: Quilting ITH w/Duetta or similar machine

Hi ladies can someone help me please? I have a small wall hanging I want to quilt in the hoop using a CD I bought that has Christmas quilting designs.

When I re-hoop the next section on the project, how do I know where to hoop it so that it wont quilt on top of the previous stitches but also so it wont leave a big gap without stitches? Im used to doing single embroidery designs and am not experienced with this. I know there's gotta be an easy way for even ME. LOL.

Someone please help! Thank you in advance and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help: Quilting ITH w/Duetta or similar machine

No embroidery machine here, but you might be interested in joining the machine embroidery group. http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...mbroidery.html
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

You print the pattern on paper and line it up
    Hope this helps
    Gale

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You can use your pattern as a template. Mark the last stitches with a washable pen, and line up the needle with those stitches.
    If you have software that lets you add jump stitches, put a jump stitch on the end.

You can also use stickyback stabilizer. Don't hoop the design, lay it on the hooped stickyback and make your machine baste the fabric down for the next pattern of stitching. If the next bit isn't where you want it, remove the basting, and reposition the fabric until it is where you want it. The basting stitches and the sticky hooped fabric will hold your item down for embroidery.

My Pfaff 2170 came with templates that had holes for marking position of next group of stitches. (one hole center, and 3 on each side.) The newer designs, like the continuous hoop use a form of jump stitches to mark your place. I prefer the jump placement stitches, and since I have digitizing software, will add them to a design if need be.

I remember people doing whole jacket backs using 4x4 hoops with the template method.