Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Feedback on JUKI machines

I got mine from Ken's, they often have good deals on models and refurbished machines. I do have a local dealer, should I need repairs at some point.

2. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info on Kens web site.

4. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sewtotallycrazy View Post
    Thank you all for your amazing input!

I had thought about a used machine but hubby said, no, not again. He has gotten tired of all the problems I've had in the last five years with used machines and has told me it's either new or not at all.

With everyone's feedback about their Juki straight stitch now I am considering getting two machines, one for my straight stitching and quilting and one maybe a Brother that has all the stitches I need. Unfortunately I haven't found a machine in my price-range that does the perfect button hole size the way that Brother machines do, and since I'd only be doing the decorative stitching in layers of not more than four tops of cotton fabric thinking that might work.
    I love my Juki 2010Q (straight stitch only) for piecing and quilting. I also have an inexpensive Brother CS6000i that I use for decorative stitches and buttonholes.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

6. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the Juki F600 just before Thanksgiving. Obviously haven't used it a lot but have been putting it through it's paces since I got it - making 4 rag quilts for my 4 GDs for Christmas. I did a lot of research on it and liked everything about it. Just starting quilting so using for that but also do lots of other sewing. I bought fm a dealer fairly local to me here in NJ - BUT they offer it on Amazon and I used that listing to pose many questions about this Juki. Amazon has the 600 @ $1049. but there is a F300 and F400 at lesser price. On Amazon it has great reviews and my Dealer says the block feed dogs are a great feature. The Juki for years was strictly a commercial machine - so my logic is that's a great source for a solid home sewing machine. There are loads of features and decorative stitches, two ways to make buttonholes (haven't tried that yet). I call my girl Hazel and so far she's done everything I've asked of her, including appliqué (which is new to me) but the speed can be adjusted so slow but sure I managed my appliqués. Again you can get a lot of info on the Amazon listing! Any particular questions, just ask. "B"
    NC sayin's from my mama n' daddy, a reminder, lest I forget:

~I’m gonna tan your hide. (You’re about to get a whoopin’.)
    ~set yourself down a spell ~~every day of the week n' twice on Sundays
    ~knock you clean into next week n' then some ~~deader than a door nail
    ~can't get blood from a turnip ~~your neck o'the woods
    ~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
    "B"

8. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you B" very awesome info. I checked out the listing on Amazon and that is a perfect price! It really seems to be pretty awesome. It would be even more amazing only if it had a larger throat space, but given my limitations of not being able to spend something like $12k I think it's pretty amazing, plus it would leave with some monies to buy some batting and a some more quality embroidery thread.
    Thank you "B"! I think you helped me to find the perfect one. Now just to wait lol.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bscuzz View Post
    I bought the Juki F600 just before Thanksgiving. Obviously haven't used it a lot but have been putting it through it's paces since I got it - making 4 rag quilts for my 4 GDs for Christmas. I did a lot of research on it and liked everything about it. Any particular questions, just ask. "B"
    I really am interested in that machine but there are two things I couldn't find. Can you use the large cones of thread (definitely want that) and are there sensors that tell you when your bobbin thread is out (would like but not need )??
    Vernona

11. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a Juki model HZL-F600 and I am loving it! That thing is a power house! I do quilting, craft sewing, home décor and some mending. Sews right through jeans, no problem! It is quiet too. Lots of decorative stitches and a nice wide base. Also has an extension table and knee lifter. The other lower end models of the Juki machines were noisy. Plus, it took a little getting use to, but the foot control cutting is awesome! You just push down with your heel when you're ready to cut. It has more stitches than a similar model Babylock (the Melody, I think) which I was looking at pretty hard. I also checked out the Brother, Viking and Janome machines.

I looked pretty hard at the Janome 8200QCP which I really liked. It has an 11" throat space for quilting and sews fast. It has done well in the reviews too. Cost was a factor too. I could get one for about $2600, where the Juki was on sale at my local dealer for $888 right before black Friday. So I jumped on it. I had been in and looked at it several times.

I have a Janome Memory Craft 11000 and I really like it. I wanted a back up machine for just sewing since I like to put my Janome to work embroidering while I sew. My little Elna broke down and I didn't realize just how much I did this until I had to put her in the shop. She is an older machine that is computerized. I like to never tracked down the parts for it but happened to find them locally. Going to cost a chunk to get her out of the shop. Will have to wait until after the first of the year for that to happen.

Want to know something crazy? I bought 2 sewing machines in one weekend!! I bought the Juki on Friday and on Saturday I bought a Brother Nouvelle 1500s for quilting. I put it on a Grace frame so I can do free motion quilting. I found it on Craigslist for a good price. That thing is fast now! Sews 1500 stitches a minute.

13. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

sewtotallycrazy and Vernona,

I highly recommend the Juki! I have been feeding rag quilts measuring a total of 60" X 70" thru my walking foot (came with machine) and taking it slowly thru thickest seams (you can regulate the speed to your liking) and she just plows right thru and I've managed quite well with this quilt size! I ordered a metal thread holder online for abt $7 that let's you use the cones of thread. I just put the cone on the pin, thread it up thru a tall 'paper clip' shaped gizmo right up and onto the machine. See the link below - price is more; I may have gotten a Black Friday sale. Actually before I got the holder, I just put the thread cone in a big cup and brought the thread up resting on the top of the machine then thru the threading mechanism and that was working fine, too! There is no bobbin thread sensor, just the see-thru cover. I had an unusual incident night before last having to do with the bobbin - my fault totally. Actually it has given a few laughs to some of the Forum folks. I detailed it on a post called A 'REAL THREAD' PROBLEM - have a look and enjoy a chuckle. MM has forgiven me, so all's well. I've tried to make a habit of checking the bobbin each time before I start sewing - it's a real pain to run out of bobbin thread using a decorative stitch. I've been wondering if there's some way to devise a warning on my own? Any ideas? Prior to buying the Juki I had looked at and liked the Viking Opal 670, similar price range, but after hearing some negative reviews on it I opted for the Juki and so far I'm lovin' it!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Spoo...lone+cast+iron
    NC sayin's from my mama n' daddy, a reminder, lest I forget:

~I’m gonna tan your hide. (You’re about to get a whoopin’.)
    ~set yourself down a spell ~~every day of the week n' twice on Sundays
    ~knock you clean into next week n' then some ~~deader than a door nail
    ~can't get blood from a turnip ~~your neck o'the woods
    ~You're just playing possum (pretendin' to be asleep when you didn't want to get up n' go to school)
    "B"

15. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info "B". Vickie, I love my brother 1500. Have had it about 16 months, no problems. I do love using the large cones of thread. I have a singer curvy that I use for applique or joining batting but this juki looks like something I would enjoy on a daily basis. Someday I would like to get a frame for my brother.
    Actually just before I was going to suggest this to hubby for a Christmas present idea he brought the mail in and there was a stock dividend check that would almost cover it! Sounds like it was meant to be. Right?!?
    Vernona

17. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

I've been making doll clothes lately, quite a bit. My Juki has gone from handling chiffon to denim to tulle with no problems. One thing I have noticed, it birds nests at the beginning of a seam when I back stitch. I don't know what is up with that. You don't have to pull your bobbin thread to the top with this machine. So I tried pulling the bobbin thread up and holding it when starting a seam and still got some bird nesting. It's not a really big deal, but it bugs me. I am really picky about my stitching since I sell the doll clothes. I am probably the only one that notices it, but it still bugs me. I am going to talk to my dealer about it.

19. Thanks sewtotallycrazy thanked for this post