Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Default DRIP.....DRIP....DRIP....

Well, there I am already to go to work and I hear some sort of banging coming from my hallway.

My MIL lives downstairs and I thought it was her doing whatever and the sound was just coming up through the cold air return vent.

As the banging continued, I got down on my hands and knees by the vent and nope sound isn't coming from downstairs. I seemed to be coming from the opposite wall.

YUP, I put my hand on the drywall and could actually feel the drips hitting something inside the wall. I could hear the drips inside the closet in the computer room as well. Went downstairs and could hear it hitting the furnace ducting too.

Called work saying I can't make it in and am waiting for my handyman Brother in law to come and check it out.

For the noise it was making I'm thinking we have a sh**load of water coming through the roof somewhere.

The drips are still banging off something inside the wall as I type this.

Aaahhhh and right before Christmas.
    Sometimes I wake up Grumpy!
    Other times I just let HIM sleep.

Lynn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DRIP.....DRIP....DRIP....

Lynn, oh noooo, how upset you must be! Hopefully your BIL can find the source and can help get it taken care of quickly! My thoughts are with you and so very sorry to hear this.
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Bummer! Hopefully, your brother-in-law will get you squared away soon. I feel your pain. Seems like whenever I come back to our home in the states I spend a fair amount of time and money getting things fixed. The joys of being a homeowner. Try not to get too stressed over it, though. I always do and it's just not worth it. I always have to tell Joe "Honey, tell me not to worry." He does and for someone reason it actually helps hearing him say that.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh no! I hope the problem can be resolved quickly and inexpensively! My friend had some roof leakage, but due to her neighbor's roof. Neighbor's roof couldn't take any more melted snow, and so the overflow went to my friend's roof and leaking on the 2nd floor hallway. She called the roofer, and they can't do anything until the snow melts! They say they can't go up on a roof that has snow.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

5. Thanks Jean Sewing Machine thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yikes! Not good! Hopefully it is not expensive to fix.

Last summer we had a water pipe burst in the wall. The pipe was attached to the faucet on the front of the house. I went downstairs for something late at night and the carpet squished water between my toes. Looked in the laundry room and it was flooded. The drainage pipe was clogged.

The plumber came out first thing in the morning. He was able to fix it and unclog the drainage pipe for $200. It's the reason we have been using him for the last 16 - 17 years. He comes right away when it's an emergency and does not over charge us. BTW, he was here for nearly 2 hours. He also brought in a special vacuum to suck up as much water as possible from the carpet. And he is even the type to say "anything else while I'm here?" He fixed a problem with the faucet on the back of the house too.
    Vonnie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We had a hot water pipe break under the bathroom sink shortly after we bought our house. Of course, it happened in the middle of the night. Bathroom on the top floor.....went thru the floor and out the fixtures in the old kitchen.....and thru that floor into the basement where there was 5" of standing water! Nice and cold water since it had been running for several hours! Best part was homeowners covered all the damage and we got a nice, new pretty kitchen floor and most of the house painted out of it!

Just picture me with pans, catching the water coming from the ceiling while in my pj's and running out the back door every 30 seconds to pour it out while MM was trying to shut off the main valve. He came in and saw me and laughed....uh, Pat, the sink is right there! Duh!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's my worst nightmare as I've had a number of damaging and very expensive water leaks in my various homes. I would have nightmare dreams that water was coming through the walls, as the worst leaks happened in a house we were trying to sell. Didn't think I'd ever get it sold. The new owners got lots of new stuff thanks to insurance.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hope the exact problem can be located quickly and be fixed easily with very little damage to the house.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

gggrrrrr......went up on the roof, climbed up into the attic, went downstairs checked out the furnace, ducting, checked floors.

No sign of water, wet or dampness anywhere BUT we could still hear it in the wall. This is driving me crazy.

I now how much damage water can do (one home $60,000.00 in repairs....drank a lot of wine with that one) so this has me on edge.

We have had driving rain all night and the wall is quiet this morning....I am now waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and have your elastic waistband pants ready for the next big feast in less than a month.
    Sometimes I wake up Grumpy!
    Other times I just let HIM sleep.

Lynn