Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: MSQC compilation of recipes cookbook

Deegles: What a great suggestion. Bob: Thanks for making contact with Al. This gesture may even just get you off the naughty list. Do you think Sandy will make if off the list any time soon? I know I'm still on it, so I'm in good company!!
    HUGS,
    Lenore

"I'm not crazy. My Mother had me tested." (Dr Sheldon Cooper)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think Sandy and I will be on the naughty list until the end of time. We just don't have it in us to behave for very long. LOL

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobW View Post
    I've heard back from Al and he is excited about this. More news to come after the Thanksgiving holiday. Start thinking about your tried and true recipes that you pull out and dust off when you are having company and want a wonderful meal or dessert.
    Yippeee!! And thanks so much for thinking of this, and carrying thru with it Bob!!

Name:  thumbs up smiley.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  12.0 KB
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Me too! I was Betty Crocker Future Homemaker of Tomorrow when I was a senior in HS. I come by my moniker honestly! I'm all for this as these type of books are the best.....I'm behind. Christmas is a comin' and I am only 40 doz short of cookies.....chop chop as my daddy used to tell me. and my oldest son wonders why I keep 8 lbs. of butter in the big freezer.

True story. When the oldest son was living in New Orleans he was on my case to use up all the butter in the freezer..now he certainly didn't object to the cookies and cinnamon rolls and bread that came his way, but he had a bug up his butt about me getting rid of the butter. So one Saturday I called him and told him that I had just finished up the last pound of butter from the freezer. "Good job Mom. I am so proud of you! What are you and dad doing today for fun?" My reply? "Going to Costco to buy more butter." Duh. He's learned not to ask. Gotta love that kid.
    Home is where your mother is..........

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IBake View Post
    Me too! I was Betty Crocker Future Homemaker of Tomorrow when I was a senior in HS. I come by my moniker honestly! I'm all for this as these type of books are the best.....I'm behind. Christmas is a comin' and I am only 40 doz short of cookies.....chop chop as my daddy used to tell me. and my oldest son wonders why I keep 8 lbs. of butter in the big freezer.
    My turn? True story, too. There are three Betty Crocker Future Homemaker of Tomorrow winners in my family. My brother's wife, ME, and my Li'l Sis.

Here's where the fun comes in though. I never took any of the Home Ec classes. I was more of a math person and took all math classes (even had a teacher try to prevent me from taking his mechanical drawing class). So, as a senior the Home Ec teacher and I were not friends . . . at all. All the 'girls' were preparing, studying, cramming for the Betty Crocker test. Everyone was asking me, aren't you going to study? Naw, not my thing.

And, I won in my school. The picture of the Home Ec teacher presenting me with my special "Home is Where the Heart Is" pin is a classic. She looked like she'd just sucked a sour lemon and needed to spit it out.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is such a cool idea! Bob the chef is our new editor!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm thinking of starting in January, 2015. That would let everyone finish the holidays and get through the 1st of the year. What do you think? January is always such a boring month for me.

Let me know.

9. Thanks Monique thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobW View Post
    I'm thinking of starting in January, 2015. That would let everyone finish the holidays and get through the 1st of the year. What do you think? January is always such a boring month for me.

Let me know.
    Amen to January! I love these cookbooks put together by cooks who actually use the recipes, often old family recipes that are tried and true! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a couple old church cookbooks put together this way. Some great recipes in those.

January works.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.