Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Cool So New and Mistakes

Being I haven't even started my quilt (gathering material and tools), I made a big boo-boo without actually seeing what I was purchasing in person.

Yes, eBay has wonderful bargains on squares and jelly rolls etc. but, and there is a but here, I purchased some that were a great price. However, when I received them they were super thin (almost see through) and the description was not very accurate. It stated square may vary <-----note the word MAY. I only received 2 squares that were picture and the rest was trash.

A lesson was learned here for me and anyone that is just started - that is don't purchase from unknown sources because you can really get stuck with junk pieces.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: So New and Mistakes

you can file a complaint with ebay. Contact the seller and ask for your money back, and if that doesn't work, go the complaint route. Those kind of sellers have to be stopped. And yes, everyone MUST read EVERYTHING.
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PatriciaF View Post
    Being I haven't even started my quilt (gathering material and tools), I made a big boo-boo without actually seeing what I was purchasing in person.

Yes, eBay has wonderful bargains on squares and jelly rolls etc. but, and there is a but here, I purchased some that were a great price. However, when I received them they were super thin (almost see through) and the description was not very accurate. It stated square may vary <-----note the word MAY. I only received 2 squares that were picture and the rest was trash.

A lesson was learned here for me and anyone that is just started - that is don't purchase from unknown sources because you can really get stuck with junk pieces.
    Patricia,

Welcome to the forums. This is a wonderful place full of love, respect and unbelievable amounts of knowledge and support.

As for the fabric you purchased on E-bay, I'm sorry you have had a bad experience. I would contact the seller and tell them it was not as described and ask for a refund. If the seller refuses, then contact E-bay and they will make it right.

I look forward to seeing your work, please post pics and let us know how it is going. If you run into a problem post a description and a pic and you will be surprised at how quickly solutions will begin to pop up.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Patricia, and Welcome to the Forum from Texas. Unfortunately the phrase "Buyer Beware" holds even more meaning these days, but as previously mentioned, contact the Seller, if no action is taken by them, you do have the option of contact Ebay. Ebay usually handles it quickly and to the Customer's advantage. Ebay has a reputation to uphold, and they will. So sorry this happened, but don't let it get you down, looking forward to you joining in so we can get to know you. We're looking forward to seeing your work and any questions you might have along the way.
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Oklahoma!!! All good advice from the ladies!!
    Hope you can get your quilt started soon & enjoy the process!!! Look forward to seeing your work.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You know, it's hard enough to learn the basics when you are working with good material and supplies, but when you throw some unforeseen bad tools or fabrics in the mix, learning is so frustrating and just no fun.
    I used really cheap thread for projects for years before I realized that the problem wasn't me but my thread. Once I started buying what I knew the art of the craft deserved---maybe not the top of the line, but adequate, not bargain basement stuff, sewing and quilting started getting easier.
    If you can't get satisfaction from the seller or e-bay, just chalk it up to experience, and forge ahead with new fabric that you can see and feel before buying. Please don't let this deter you from doing something rewarding.

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Patricia....don't get discouraged. The first quilt top I made fell apart in the washing machine. Bad fabric and bad thread. I didn't know how to buy and where to buy. I've only been quilting for 2 years and have learned sooooooo much from this forum. I call it my Quilting Bible. Hang in there and don't be afraid to ask questions. I don't ask many questions, but I read this forum each morning and I watch videos. From another Patricia in Arizona.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum!!!
    We have all made mistakes. We burn, we learn, share the story and laugh about it :-)

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Just another reason why I don't buy fabric I can't put my hands on first. Luckily I live near Marshalls Dry Goods.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You are on your way to becoming an experienced quilter. The only way we get experience is by making mistakes.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar