Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Black Friday - Are you ready?

Let me start by saying that I do NOT visit any stores (Brick & Mortar or Online) on Black Friday. The truth is I cannot.
    We (DH & I) visit his parents for Turkey Day. They just happen to live where I get zero bars on my iPhone and the closest small town is 45 minutes away. Problem solved - no shopping, no craziness, no deals, no crowds, no excitement whatsoever.

Here is a piece of information that some of you may find useful. Right now, at Joann's the Keepsake Calico Fabrics are 50% off and Kona Solids are 30% off (which is rare). Will it get better on Black Friday?
    Not for the Keepsake Calico Fabrics. Those will be $2 off. So, if you want to shop those, do it today because 50% off is better than $2 off.

Batiks (small selection) are full price. Use the 60% off coupons on those. But hurry the 60% coupon is valid only today.

Some of you may be wondering - Great, what can I buy on Black Friday? Flannel is 75% off and Quilter's Showcase fabrics are 60% off. I did not look at rulers, irons, scissors, batting etc.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Black Friday - Are you ready?

Thanks!! I hate going out on Black Friday!!
    Have a safe trip!!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No Black Friday for me! There's no bargain big enough to entice me to face those crowds.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Don't need a thing . . . and definitely don't need anything that I'd have to fight for to save money.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No Black Friday for me either. Just don't need anything that bad.
    Carolyn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

JoAnn's will have the fiscar scissors on sale I think 60% off I don't remember, I do know they will be at 40% for sure.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hate Black Friday....it has gotten crazy. When I was little we ate at my Granny's house and then after dinner she would get out the Sears Wish Book and all us cousins could look for the ONE gift that we wanted for Christmas. The memories were great. No Christmas lights until AFTER Thanksgiving. No Christmas ads, etc. Thanksgiving was a special day of thanks, family and good eats. It is still my favorite holiday.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Fran View Post
    I hate Black Friday....it has gotten crazy. When I was little we ate at my Granny's house and then after dinner she would get out the Sears Wish Book and all us cousins could look for the ONE gift that we wanted for Christmas. The memories were great. No Christmas lights until AFTER Thanksgiving. No Christmas ads, etc. Thanksgiving was a special day of thanks, family and good eats. It is still my favorite holiday.
    I wish this were still true today! No black Friday for me either, I don't like to shop so the craziness makes it worse!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the Joann update, Preeti! The flannel sound tempting, but I am on a very strict fabric diet right now, so I am going to pass on it. (I hope I can make do with what I have in my stash! LOL!)

I have never been, nor do I ever plan to be, a Black Friday shopper. Some seem to enjoy this type of shopping and the sales are appealing to them. I don't like the crowds, and I have never needed a sale item badly enough to deal with those crowds. I just hope those who do go shopping are physically safe.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not a black friday person either. Makes me shutter.