Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default BLUE PENCIL WONT COME OUT

So I stenciled some designs around my quilt with a blue pencil I purchased from a fabric store, I washed it and the pencil marks wont wash out, any suggestions, its on the white plain blocks. Its for an order I'm so upset. I just looked at my quilt and the white thread has turned pink the back bleed OMG OMG OMG, she specifically wanted the white stenciling to show up on the back of the quilt. Can anything take out the bleeding of the quilt. Lesson learned wash fabric until it no longer bleeds, I'm beyond destraut!!!
    Last edited by AlohaSandy; November 24th, 2014 at 08:03 PM.
    Hawaiigrammi

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: BLUE PENCIL WONT COME OUT

I'm not an expert but I migh hit it with Spray and wash or Clorox 2...? I've used it on children's clothing a lot, and the clorox 2 can even get out stains that have been through the dryer.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is why I love the frixion pens , hit it with the iron and gone. No worries. I dealt too much with *disappearing * blue pens the supposedly disappeared in 24 hours or when dampened. I'll keep my frixion.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

4. Thanks AlohaSandy thanked for this post
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

I was making zipper pockets for the Tumbler Bag that Jenny & Steven had a tutorial for, and I used a purple disappearing ink pen to draw the rectangle to cut out for the zipper. I couldn't see the line, so I retraced it with the Frixion pen. When I ironed it, the Frixion line disappeared, but I set the mark for the disappearing pen. I'm not going to worry too much about it, but I wish it didn't do that.

6. Thanks AlohaSandy thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tried the spray and wash didn't get it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveMyMachines View Post
    I'm not an expert but I migh hit it with Spray and wash or Clorox 2...? I've used it on children's clothing a lot, and the clorox 2 can even get out stains that have been through the dryer.
    Hawaiigrammi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe try a Tide stick-the type you keep in your purse. It is a felt tip pen that you rub on a stain.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I had that happen. I used hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball. I just dabbed at a small section first to see if it worked. It took out all the blue pen and left no trace behind. Good luck. I know just how frustrating and upsetting it can be to have that marker not come out.
    Tortugaquilter

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Did you by any chance iron over the blue markings prior to washing? I was told that ironing over the blue markings will set the ink. I've never had any problems with mine washing out in the washer. Now that I'm using the Frixion pens, it just irons off. I really like that. I don't have to wash the quilt before gifting it. I hope you find a fix. JCY

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

A teacher in my beginning quilting class said that even though the Frixion pens irons off, the ink from the pen stays in the fibers and will later come back out. Has anybody seen this happen? Have you washed a quilt after using a Frixion pen - what were the results? Makes me scared to use anything!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I 'm so sorry... Did you by any chance iron over the markings? I think heat will set the blue marks.

Sandy from Cincinnati

AKA Kermit