Post Thanks / Like

Default Friday!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1bab8bbb8768bc2d7d3574b2a86fa1e5.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	93118

Hello and Happy Friday, Folksies!

I went to bed early, woke up, went back to sleep, woke up, ad infinitum. The story of my life. Years ago, when the kiddos were little, I operated on about 3 hours sleep a night. I would stay up late - about midnight - and then be up at 3 am. That is when I got my best housework done. By the time the ankle biters were awake, they would have my attention and everything was clean and sparkly. That doesn't happen these days. I sleep, wake up groggy as all heckfire shoot, and it takes a few cuppas to get me cranking. Sigh.

Not near as cold as earlier this week; I don't even have the wood stove going. It sure does heat well and our house, being brick, helps to hold it in longer - at least that is what I have been told. The wood stove in the basement is huge. It is one my Daddy made over 40 years ago. Whenever I feed the beast I still feel my Daddy next to me, showing me how to make a fire in it that would burn evenly. That is only one thing I remember my sweet Daddy teaching me. As the holidays are approaching, Mom is in overdrive in missing him. Although it will be 4 years this December, it seems that it is truly setting in that she is widowed. She has been so sick so frequently, she hasn't had time to really reflect. In the evenings when I stay down at her house, I sleep in his old bed with Luscious. Many times I wake up and just go lie down on the sofa. You see, each night I sleep in his bed, I dream of him. Not bad dreams, but, dreams none the less. Perhaps that is why my sleep is so fragmented.

Middle son Josh just called to let me know he is home from work. He has a seasonal part time job for the holidays. Third shift unloading trucks. He is coming over to have some coffee with me since he is out of sugar. I keep telling the boy, coffee isn't coffee with cream and sugar. What he has is a latte. Here, have a spoon of coffee with your sugar, lol.

Off to read a bit here and then share a cup with Josh. So many in need of positive thoughts, prayers and smiles. Be sure you offer some of each. and throw in an extra SMILE.

Have a great weekend!!

Name:	smiling-for-someone-is-sweet-but-making-someone-smile-is-the-best-feeling.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	93119
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Friday!

Good morning. Blondie, I did the same thing when my kids were little, only my 3 hours were after they went to bed. I workded the overnight shift so I could be home with them all day. I would put them to bed and grab 3 hours sleep, shower and go to work. When I was coming in the house, hubby was leaving for work...did that for many years.
    I think of my mom and dad alot throughout the year, but around the holidays, memories are in overdrive. It's been 25 years for dad and 14 for mom.
    Well, it's a little chilly this morning. I will be in the sewing room all day today working on sewing down applique. I'm hoping to get a good amount finished today, if not, all of it....we shall see.
    Hope everyone has a good day! Blondie, enjoy your coffee with Josh.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning Blondie and All!

Blondie, since we just got a wood stove, could use that lesson in building a good fire since my Girl Scout days are long gone and I've slept since then. We have to have 3 small fires to set the paint and other stuff but by Saturday, we will be able to fire it up and let it go. Can't wait! Curt, the hubs is pretty good at building fires, however, he tends to think it must be an inferno first. The last time he built a fire in my chiminea I couldn't even SEE the chiminea! I'm surprised he didn't melt the steel down. We have been through two grates though.

Update - the family meeting with my sisters, staff and Mom went pretty well. She will be dismissed to home Tuesday but one sister is going to take her home for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are a little apprehensive about her being alone, but will have services for her and someone to check on her daily. I think this is all good for right now.

I am so looking forward to a weekend at home and working on my quilt! Just need a little down time and time with the hubs too.

Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. Although this dealing with aging parents isn't easy, you all make my day a little brighter.

Have a great Friday. Smiles, hugs and prayers for everyone!

Carolyn
    Carolyn

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Since hubby down sick yesterday I did get to quilt all morning with interruptions. Then I had a 2 1/2 hour nap which I needed. This quilt is coming along nicely and it getting close to being done. That is one thing about hand quilting, you quilt forever and just can't wait to get it finished. My brother-in-law will be very happy to get a quilt this year.

Last night I helped at the annual Church supper. I believe they sold 430 meals. I stopped by the bazaar table, as I was looking for slippers but there was none. Greg has requested a new pair of slippers. I will have to make him some.

For today, I will try and get more quilting done and I would like to get outside and shovel some snow. It has accumulated at the end of the driveway and needs to get cleared off. It looks like it will be a nice sunny day here.

Have a great day friends. Stay safe wherever you are. Prayers going out to those in need and smiles to all of you.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning! Hoping everyone's spirits are in good shape.
    This morning is pretty interesting so far. Little one ran to her froggy potty b/c I had to use the restroom. I hear No Kitty no bite! She comes in saying I tell kitty no bite, my hiney. Oh, there is never a dull moment here. She was running around and the cat was doing typical cat stuff.
    Looking forward to some sewing time. I may cut up a bunch of scrap hexies so I have some hand work to do while in NC. I've wanted to try something with that shape, maybe enough to make a little bag.
    This is a hard time of year for mind and body and I pray for everyone. Here's to getting through it together this year!!!

I don't know where I got this but I thought it was pretty chuckle worthy.

Name:	10593054_591063497668792_6855366718151866152_n.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	93120

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning and Happy Friday! I hope today is the first part of a wonderful weekend for everyone!

Blondie, your story about your Dad brings back so much for me with my own Mom and Dad. You are blessed with all the time you get to spend with your Mama. I know it's not always easy, but it's a blessing none the less. And I know YOU.....cherish each day! Say Good Morning to your Josh for me!

I have a full day with the Grands today. I'm even skipping Yoga to get there early. We're making Chocolate Chip cookies, playing "Go Fish" with two decks of cards and later walking to the park so I can watch them play catch with the football. The littlest one, Lillie, wants to watch "How to Train a Dragon" with me. It's going to be a wonderful day!

Off to fold some laundry and get my bed made before I take off! Hugs/Prayers for everyone in need.
    ~~Libby~~

Quilters make great comforters.

Friendship is sewn with love and measured by kindness.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all -
    Blondie - I could just picture your dad showing you how to feed that wood stove! I never had one growing up, but my best friend in high school did. I spent so much time at her house that I also learned the proper way to take care of the two stoves there. Had one later in a house we lived in...
    Carolyn; praying for you and your family - every day is an adventure
    So.... hubs has been gone to Nashville since Wednesday for work - sure wish I was with him in that swanky hotel. More like a little city than a hotel, just beautiful. My plan was to sew, sew, sew while he is gone...um... yeah... no. I brought my machine up to the kitchen while he is away because I don't really care if it is taking up 1/3 of the table space - we can eat around it Wednesday was good, I got some machine embroidery done. Yesterday I woke up feeling kind of crummy - somethin' I ate I believe. Felt off all day and did no sewing, just puttered around. I didn't want to screw anything up because of a headache (you know, those frontal sinus-y ones where you can barely think, let alone think about measurements and cutting fabric)! Headache subsided towards evening and I thought about sewing, but I really just wasn't in the mindset so I figured I can get a fresh start this morning after I drop my DD off at school and make sure FIL is fed
    I can't wait for hubby to be home - he really is my best friend and I miss him.
    Something I am doing today is joining Weight Watchers again - this time online because I'm not sure if I could make it to meetings right now. Short story is - I joined in March 2013 while I was still in the office and did really well - lost 30 pounds, felt great and was on my way to losing more. Came home from the office in Nov.(quit WW in Dec) and was still doing ok. Well, since my FIL has been here guess what?? I have gained it all back (ugh) - I have been so focused on caring for someone else that I have not been caring for me and that needs to end. Today.
    Hope everyone has a fab day - I'll pray for you as you pray for me!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is for Monique (and anyone else who needs help): Cloth Slippers - Make your Own - Quilting

Smiling with everyone this morning and saying special prayers for those in need. Heard from Rae that dizzyliz has been in the hospital and expected to be there over the weekend. No idea why, but know prayers would be appreciated.

I can so feel for Norma - I've been working on a special project to take for our Christmas exchange at the quilt guild and have made more mistakes than anything else. Can't seem to think straight (or maybe I can't any more). That and given the fact that I often think I know what I'm doing but absolutely have no clue . . . guess that was apparent without me telling you, right?

DeeOGee has been feeling poorly since yesterday afternoon. Very concerned about his stomach. It's such a shame that our little fur buddies can't talk and tell us what's up with them.

Have to be gone this afternoon, so I'll try to make some more messes in my sewing room before lunch. Better hurry and get started.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning all! My 17 year old kitty and I are snuggling under a blanket right now. Any time I spread a blanket or quilt on my lap, it's his invitation to move in for a snuggle. Sometimes he's a PIA about it, but right now, he's warm and calm, so it's good.

I got some under bed totes to stash yet more fabric into, the stash was growing in laundry baskets in my bedroom, now it is stashed out of sight. I fell for the daily deal. All I need is prepaid fabric! What was I thinking?

Need to clean today. My daughter from Atlanta is coming up tonight and we're having our Thanksgiving feast Sunday. Then she and I will have some time together for a few days next week. Fun!

Hope you all have a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning all,
    Sun is shining and not quite as cold as it has been, so guess I have to hit the grocery store today. Not my favorite thing to do but we like to eat!

Last night was the last session of the Holiday cookie class I took. It definetly went better the second night. All the mixers were up and running. Will put some cookies away for Thanksgiving in case the grandkids drop by if I can keep hubby out of them. We did 6 different cookies, rugelah, rainbow, linzer tarts, gingerbread, cranberry white chocolate biscotti, and a pignoli amoretti cookie.

Haven't been in the sewing room in the past few days, my bad! Have to get going on a few more Christmas gifts in order to make my "done by" deadline. I would like to enjoy December and not play "beat the clock".
    Blondie- you are the best daughter a mother could have!
    Amy- your chuckle of the day brought a smile to my face. My husband thinks I'm a tribe of 1!
    Carolyn- well wishes for your mom.

off to start my day with another cup of coffee-
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards