Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default What is your recommendation?

Good morning, Ladies. I'm wanting to stretch my comfort zone and post pictures of projects, but need to get a camera first! What would you recommend for this? I don't want anything fancy, but something that would be easy to learn and use. After seeing Barb's beautiful quilts, I am inspired to make a record of what I make. Currently I only write it in a journal, but would like to add pictures, as well as here on the Forum. Thank you for any guidance you can provide!!
    Cynthia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What is your recommendation?

I'll be keeping my eye on this topic as I am interested too.
    Easy and not too expensive.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Cannon Rebel SLR. I love taking photos. I have a pentex K1000. SLR with all the bells and whistles but of course, you can't get film developed anywhere and if you do find a place they charge an arm and a leg. So I will save my pennies and buy a good one. Maybe a Nikon, or a Cannon. I'll be looking at all of them.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We have a Cannon PowerShot S21S that is about 6 years old. We have taken it everywhere and it is still doing great. I even left it outside during a snow shower! (Don't tell my husband!) It still functions perfectly!
    It doesn't take the bigger capacity SD cards (4G), but I imagine the newer versions would. It has a built-in flash and more options for taking pictures than we use. It also will take video clips. The images are easy to download to the computer. It does not have interchangeable lenses, but it does have a built in zoom. For what we do with it, it is perfect.
    I do still have my non-digital SLR too. I just don't drag it out anymore. I like being able to see if I got the shot right away, instead of a few weeks later after the event is over.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cynthia, We love our Canon with 10.0 megapixels. The higher the megapixels the sharper the picture. We've had ours for a few years now and it's been great. Barb

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cynthia, I use a Nikon Colorpix and love it. If I can use it anyone can!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Fuji J110 that has zoom capabilities that are great. It is about the size of a deck of cards, so easy to carry in your purse. I am a QVC shopper, and I got it there. They usually at least once a month have a Today's Special Value on a camera. Most of the time it is also on easy pay where you can pay it out in 4 or 5 payments with no interest. Plus, you can use it for 30 days and if you don't like it, you just pack it up and return it, no questions asked. You can't beat that.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I do and use something completely different. I use a Flip Cam. You know those little $100 video cameras at Wal-Mart that fit in your pocket? I take a short video, walking around my quilt or bag, then it plugs directly into my computer. It has its own software. It loads up immediately, and all I do is click on my video and click a little button called "snapshot". Then I can take as many "pictures" as I want from my video. It's so super easy and has taken the frustration I had with not getting good pictures and having to take them again. Plus it's all HD, so it's super clear.
    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
    Summer Lee Quilts

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have an old HP Photosmart, it's about 7 years old and a Canon FS200 video that also takes single shots...plug either into my lap top or PC and download the pictures. If you are just looking for something to take photos of your quilts just for your own records or showing here, I don't think you need to spend a whole lot of money. You can get a reasonable little camera like Summer has or just a small digital camera. They all come with software for your computer and with downloading instructions and are very simple to use. Depends on what you want to use it for. For a family photo collection with extra quality shots then go for the higher grade Canon or Nikons. Or if it's something for the kick about stuff hit Wallymart and you can get something good for a reasonable price.
    Alana
    To live a creative life we must lose our fear of being wrong.
    alanashideaway.blogspot.com
    https://www.facebook.com/quiltsbyAlana

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

Anything that is made by Nikon, is the best!! You can get very nice point & shoots, or an SLR. But they are the BEST!
    JVO