Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now óoró

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Extremely NEW Member Here from Kentucky

Hi, everyone!

Iím very excited to be here. I have never made a quilt, but I do know how to sew. Today I went to my first quilt club meeting and everyone there was so very helpful. Now Iím encouraged enough to try to make a small and easy quilt project myself. Iíve been going thru online videos and tutorials and then I stumbled upon this forum. I spent another four hours reading thru tons of threads here and decided (before I go to bed for the night) I should stop and introduce myself and say HELLO.

I live in Kentucky and raise Katahdin sheep for breeding and meat. I am new to the whole farm lifestyle but am enjoying it immensely. Now Iím looking forward to being able to do some quilting over the cold winter months. (But first I need to LEARN how to make a quilt!) Baby steps!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Extremely NEW Member Here from Kentucky

Welcome from Missouri. This is a great place for asking questions and getting answers.

I don't raise sheep, but I sure like eating them! And their wool makes the best batting.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Iowa!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Michigan !
    Missouri Star Quilt Company forum is one of the greatest. I was taught ( actually over the phone ! )) to sew by my wonderful MIL (she's 87 yrs old now ) when after I had my daughter who was our second child. Over the years, I made everything my DD wore. I will admit I made our 3 sons shirts and PJ's but I made everything my DD wore except her socks / tights. I was just amazed how proud our little girl was over the clothes I made and as she grew into an awesome teen, she wasn't a girl intent on "designer labels either....
    In 2011, I found this site here at MSQC. So many of the members of this forum were eager to help me, and have always answered my questions. I haven't completed a quilt yet, but I started out by watching all the videos that I likes that Jenny makes, and made a few of the quilting squares, a table runner quite a few bags, etc. I am going to start making the Garden Flower Quilt w/Sashing.( see the tutorial below )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yElxKHl_OQ

Good luck to you...and Welcome !
    Last edited by redcaboose1717; November 14th, 2014 at 03:05 AM.

Jacqueline ( Sugar ) Dorer-Russell
    http:\\www.sugarssmilinpapercrafts.BlogSpot.com

"I miss the me I was when you were here"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from Massachusetts! This is a great place to meet many very talented people. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Also, be sure to watch Jenny's tutorials...

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, and welcome from Ohio. You have found one of the most supportive sites for new quilters ever. I ought to know because I am one. There is a lot to learn, even for experienced sewists, and I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I have.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from River Valley Arkansas! You will learn much here and don't be afraid to jump into the forums and ask questions. You will find that the forum members become another family and more friends than you ever thought! Good luck with your first quilt!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello fro PA!
    I don't actually own any sheep, but I am the resident go-to girl and took my friend ( a new city turned country farm girl) shopping to start her Katahdin flock. And I've got a whole passel of critters on my own farm.

I too am new to quilting, but I did not know how to sew or even use a sewing machine without making huge knotted bird's nest of threads. I'm learning as I go along- making my first one and find it to be fun, frustrating, and rewarding all at the same time. The ladies on this forum are wonderful, caring, and super helpful. Ask lots of questions and you will get the answers you need.
    Glad you decided to join.
    Sonic is learning to sew and quilt. .....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome from North. Carolina! You will find all things quilts here!!!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome from another Kentuckian! What part of the state do you live in?
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*