Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default my coupon experience....

First I will start by saying it's colder than a witches you know what in a brass bra outside!!! The wind, it is a blowing. Been listening to it howling all day long and hearing things blowing around....but golly, I had a 60% off coupon to use!

So off I got, first to one store to see if they had that Stripology ruler to 'look' at, then to J's. I figured the traffic on the main street would be ugly, so took another and went thru the mall lot.....you would have thought it was Black Friday!
    Made it to J's and went inside, coupon in hand and knowing what I wanted. Of course, they had it in every color but the color I needed, so I picked an alternate in the color I needed. I was smart enough to pick my # for cutting before I started my search...it was #21 and they were on #82!!!

I looked around till my foot could not take it anymore then thought I'd set in the pattern section and wait, which meant I had to look at pattern books. The only pattern I wanted they did not have, unless it was in the drawer that would not open, which is possible. I sat at least 30-45 minutes making all sorts of new friends and when they called #94 (this was now about an hour since I got mine), I got up, gave my coupon to one woman and my cutting # to another and left!!

So here I sit freezing, my hair is standing on end and I have to get caught up on all the sewing I could have gotten done in the time I wasted.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: my coupon experience....

it was pretty busy yesterday too, but not that bad. I hate the way they changed things all around years ago. There used to be about 4 different cutting stations around the store and if you had to wait it was usually never more than 15 minutes.
    I did not get anything that needed cut because the line there was long and there were 2 people that had the cart full and bolts of fabric on the bottom of the cart to be cut and they had 2 people at the cutting table.
    I only looked at things I could take care of myself.
    I had 4 patterns I wanted and 1 wasn't there, and I talked to a woman that just wanted 1 pattern and it was out too. My Walmart is just up the road and I have taken the J's ad there and had them price match if it is a pattern I really need. J's is not my favorite store, but I don't have many choices.
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't even bother to go to Joann's and I had the extra 20% off for veterans too. Just not worth the hassle most days.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    First I will start by saying it's colder than a witches you know what in a brass bra outside!!! The wind, it is a blowing. Been listening to it howling all day long and hearing things blowing around....but golly, I had a 60% off coupon to use!

it is 8:30 pm here and temp is still 61 degrees. I'm enjoying it now, because it is supposed to be high of 40 tomorrow, and then down in the 30's for a while.
    Dolores

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I solved the waiting problem by ordering on line. I was very happy that I got to use a 60% coupon for blade sharpener which I know my local J's doesn't have in stock. I very rarely get to use my J's coupons as most things I want to buy are already on sale. Buying fabric on line is another story as I really like to see and touch fabric before I buy it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My number was 55 and they were on 1......crazy buzy!
    ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ~Debbie~♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    -:- Circumstances, often you can’t change them. It’s about choice. Some people say “under the circumstances”. I choose to be “on top of the circumstances.” -:-

Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Pat, ugh! Same here! Headed over to Rockwall manana, hopefully I'll have better luck than you did today! If not, headed to Hobby Lobby!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

The 60% off coupon's last day is today!!!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

If you can't be nice.....BE QUIET!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I did not have to wait at all! In fact there wasn't hardly anyone in the store! It was around 7pm, we were gonna stop at Applebees for DH's free dinner, but there must have been 30 people outside waiting.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    The 60% off coupon's last day is today!!!
    LOL, yeah, I know, I'm going regardless, got an early Christmas Visa card, WHOOP! And besides, I have to get my stash of background material built back up, especially after the "Lycra" fiasco with my black fabric! White, off-white, cream, browns, blues, etc, etc, etc. There might even be some continuous line templates as well, if they aren't too pricey, if they are, hitting the Internet when I get back as well!! Rulers and templates will be coming from M*, can't wait!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!