Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: JUKI F400/F600

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default JUKI F400/F600

I'm looking for feedback on both the Juki F400 and/or Juki F600. I'm trying to make a quick (?!?!) decision on a SM to do some quilting in time for Christmas and my aging Singer just isn't cutting it. Anyone have experience/info to help me decide. Don't want to invest an arm and a leg but would like some quilting features as well as routine sewing; maybe an appliqué here and there. Need help! B

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: JUKI F400/F600

I have the F300 which is basically the same machine with less fancy stitches and you have to buy the knee lift and extension table separately. I love my machine. It hasn't balked at anything I've thrown at it. In fact it is the reason I started quilting this year. LOL I bought it and then didn't have a project to do. SO I was in a fabric store that sold precut applique quilt kits then found the MSQC tutorials and the rest has been history. I've quilted a queen sized quilt on it and that went well. I'm still learning but I've repaired thick throw rugs on it and sewed a couple bags and pieced about 9 quilt tops on it. Again I love mine. The F300 was under $600 here in Alabama.
    Good luck making your decision. PM me if you have more questions.
    Take care,
    Susan

3. Thanks bscuzz thanked for this post
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

How you repaired as its really hard, here in Australia I am not getting the thread to do this!
    Protection!

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Love, love, love my Juki! It was like going from my Ford Pinto (Singer) to a Cadillac.
    I believe the only difference between the two options is the amount stitches you get. Either one will make you very happy!
    Mary

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

I've had the F300 and now I have the F600. I've loved them both. So I imagine the F400 is great too. I bought the F300 a few years back and added the knee lift and table to it. The main difference is that the F600 comes with more built in stitches and the knee lift and table as standard. If you don't plan on doing a lot of decorative stitches then the F400 might be fine. I quilted an entire queen size quilt using the leaf stitch on my F300 when I had it. I sold it when I bought my Dream Machine. This year I've started making bags and the Dream Machine didn't seem to enjoy the thicker stuff so I bought F600 from my LQS that was phasing out their Jukis.
    Susan Davis
    Remember, the mighty oak was just a nut that held its ground.