Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 31 Aug 15th - Aug 19!th

When we got too tall for our jeans, we always cut them off. I loved doing that. Now, I grow too wide for my jeans. I hate that! My girls wear jeans all the time. They are in high school and growing fast. We pass a lot of jeans to our younger friends but some of the ones that the girls cannot bear to lose get rolled up to make them look like capris or they will put a big cuff sometimes. The best is in the rain, they wear cute monogrammed rainboots with their pant leg tucked in...no one knows they are too short.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I keep the outgrown jeans and make ragquilts for the dogs. I use the denim for the back of the quilts. The French Bulldogs adore their blankets.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muppendecken 1 copie.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	7792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Muppendecken 3 copie.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	226.3 KB 
ID:	7793

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

THANKS for making me a winner! Wicked week at work and it was just the treat I needed!!!

Had the embroidered and studded jeans in college. Mom made me a jean purse that was re-purposed into clothespin bag when it got too ratty to carry in public.

Latest project is for my nephew. Wants a bag to carry his duck decoys. I was into purchasing "camo or brown?" "mesh or duck?" and he was "Don't buy anything - here's my worn out - outgrown Carhartts. Still in the 'design in the mind' phase. Think I will use the tops with waistband and pockets for the top portion and the legs for the bottom. Hope duck season is not soon!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have reused jeans a long time ago, but not for awhile since I don't have any. I'd like to make a jean rag bag some day soon

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I do, have a large bag of old raggy jeans and old raggy flannel shirts to make a quilt and raggy rugs. Fun, now I just need to get to it!!!

Congrats Roadie have fun shopping!!!
    Jan G

THE HURRIER I GO,
    THE BEHINDER I GET!!!!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

While in college I converted jeans to shorts, because they were white and someone spilled beer on them and the stain wouldn't come out! I'm in the process of converting some very worn jeans to a bag and love the idea of adding fabric strips to the legs.

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I make purses out of the denium and I have cut 100 squares to make a rag quilt.

better late than never
    Diane from Toledo

Quilting Guru

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't used any recycled jeans lately but plan to and have been saving them. I know when I am ready to make sometihing with those I'll be heading back to our local Salvation Army store on the day they sell all jeans for next to nothing - like $1 a pair or less. That is such a great bargain. I used to make tons of purses years ago while still in high school from jeans. All my friends loved them so that kept me busy.

Prairie Pointer

exciting new places, somewhere warm in the winter.
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I have taken the old jeans skirts and used them as trim for a 'sweatshirt jacket'. It turned out to be quite cute. I am currently collecting jeans to use on a denim quilt for my grandson. I love old denim.
    Donna