Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marching Band

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marching Band

Well marching band is finally over for now. They made it to the semi finals at State but did not win the finals. Marking it to state was a huge accomplishment all in itself. Thank you all for your good luck wishes, we all appreciated it!!! Now things have calmed down and half the band kids are sick with colds. The weather at state was cold, rainy and then finally it snowed! They had to call off the last of the winners performances. I am just proud of them all!!!

Thanks again everyone!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Marching Band

All that hard work and dedication payed off. Sorry for the colds and sniffles though. Bet your band members are truly proud, as they should be!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Tonight is our last night, thank goodness!
    Sherri

"Don't let someone else's ugly spoil your beautiful. " Thanks, Bubby!!!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats! Marching band is awesome.

When I was a sophomore in high school our marching band attended an out-of-state marching competition near Atlanta, GA. We did pretty well as I recall and we got to spend the night and go to Six Flags Amusement Park the following day. I went to a big school and I believe it took 3 tour buses to get us there. As we got off the buses at the park I tagged along with a group from a different bus including a new girl who had just moved there from out of state. I played trombone and she was a trumpet player.

We spent all day walking around and riding rides. I don't know that I believe in love at first sight but we certainly had natural chemistry.

Fourteen years later, that trumpet girl is my wife of 7 years and the mother of my baby.

Go band! (Especially trombones, the finest instrument on the field!)
    Loosely based on a true story.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!
    Mary

Love is the thread that mends worn hearts.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Rhonda.........congrats to the kids on their band competitions! I know you have been busy with that........been there and done that! I enjoyed going to the competitions when our son was in band..........cheering from the stands!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's a respectable finish. Bravo. Hope you are able to relax a bit now. Good to see you posting again.
    Grandma Nan

Nancy

"Some of the best memories are created in flip flops"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! As a former band mom, I know how hard the kids worked and how much they appreciate the support of the parents and boosters.

I hope it's okay for me to brag on our high school band. The Russell Co. Mighty Lakers Marching Band is the 2014 Kentucky Class 3A Champion! It's their first state championship since 2005. Tonight there was a parade with fire trucks, sirens, blaring horns, and screaming kids hanging out of school bus windows, then an encore performance at the school for the community to attend.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Semi finals is great, I know they worked hard for it.
    Glad to have you back!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Yes of course I want to hear you BRAG!!!!! CONGRATS to your school!!!! Wa hoo!!!!! Thanks for sharing that!

Quote Originally Posted by MRoy View Post
    Congratulations! As a former band mom, I know how hard the kids worked and how much they appreciate the support of the parents and boosters.

I hope it's okay for me to brag on our high school band. The Russell Co. Mighty Lakers Marching Band is the 2014 Kentucky Class 3A Champion! It's their first state championship since 2005. Tonight there was a parade with fire trucks, sirens, blaring horns, and screaming kids hanging out of school bus windows, then an encore performance at the school for the community to attend.