Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marching Band

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Marching Band

Ryan what an awesome story!!!! A true love story!!!! My son is very talented!!! He plays several instruments and is self taught! He also taught himself to sight read music. He is now writing his own solos for Tenor Sax. He has three music classes at school. Piano, Jazz 1, Symphonic band. Then plays around at home with guitar and bass. Plays oboe, flute, and now working on Piccolo.

So I am a very proud mom and maybe someday I will have a story like yours lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeRyan View Post
    Congrats! Marching band is awesome.

When I was a sophomore in high school our marching band attended an out-of-state marching competition near Atlanta, GA. We did pretty well as I recall and we got to spend the night and go to Six Flags Amusement Park the following day. I went to a big school and I believe it took 3 tour buses to get us there. As we got off the buses at the park I tagged along with a group from a different bus including a new girl who had just moved there from out of state. I played trombone and she was a trumpet player.

We spent all day walking around and riding rides. I don't know that I believe in love at first sight but we certainly had natural chemistry.

Fourteen years later, that trumpet girl is my wife of 7 years and the mother of my baby.

Go band! (Especially trombones, the finest instrument on the field!)

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.....its good to be back and missed all of your.....will get back on track with missed emails as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Nan View Post
    That's a respectable finish. Bravo. Hope you are able to relax a bit now. Good to see you posting again.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Aww thanks!!! I am glad to be back.....missed everybody and my sewing machine lol. You guys are great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by laura44 View Post
    Semi finals is great, I know they worked hard for it.
    Glad to have you back!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they learned a lot going to state and are very happy with themselves!! The band instructor even missed a day due to colds lol. Missed all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    All that hard work and dedication payed off. Sorry for the colds and sniffles though. Bet your band members are truly proud, as they should be!!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Feels good to be done for a while.....no more late practices, no more loading and unloading trucks, coolers, food, drinks, uniforms, bad weather, uniforms mishaps and weekend practices lol. How did your school do??

Quote Originally Posted by shermur View Post
    Tonight is our last night, thank goodness!

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I have to chime in as well. Both my kids (boy and girl) played trumpet in high school and did concert band, jazz band and marching band. It was a lot of work, as you all know. We ate a lot of pizza (because it was quick) and spent many very cold days and nights in Massachusetts for practice, football and NESBA marching band competitions.
    We always did well and as a obnoxious band mother, I LOVED IT! (I had an air horn and always hollered out my kids names).
    My daughter continued playing in college (University of New Hampshire for 1 year and University of Maryland / College Park for 3).
    Family dynamics changed and I moved to Maryland (at my daughter's request). Did she really know what she was in for? Having mom there? Needless to say, marching band in college is just wonderful. She's graduated, married but still teaches trumpet, play locally in a concert band and goes back to fill in at college as an alumni. I've moved on.....but those were some of the BEST YEARS of my life. (tearing up a little sniff sniff).
    ~ Debby

It's my life, it's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just wanna live while I'm alive. It's MY LIFE!"

Jon Bon Jovi

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh my, with Band over you will feel like you are on vacation Glad they did so well, I'm proud of them. I just noticed this thread so I'm guessing I've had my blinders on lately! Kudos to the team (uh....can a Band be called a team for this???)!