Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: YUP, I did IT! Phasing in the grey... Jaime Lee Curtis style!

You look great! Congratulations on you newly-found freedom and extra money for fabric. I did what you did and stopped coloring my hair 7 years ago and will never do it again. I have a lot of gray mixed in with my brown hair and it looks like I have highlights, but it is the gray. You will love the extra time and money this decision will give you.
    Theda

There is no Quilter's Anonymous because no one wants to quit.

"Smurf Machine" - 1981 Necchi, "Anna Sophia" - Brother SE400, "Ellie Bleu" - Juki 2010,
    "Carlie Rae" - Babylock Crescendo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Very proud of you. I am not a fan of hair coloring. I was talked into it once and hated it. I would look in the mirror and it was like someone else was looking back. LOL The scabs would tell me that your system isn't like it either.
    Be blessed,
    Sandy

God has a plan and it is a good plan.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you brought this up! I am so sick of my expensive salon color. I've been coloring my hair since I was in my late 20s. Now it is really hard to maintain because my regrowth on top is so light. In the back, a darker grey. I have left my salon and I'm coloring it myself for the last few months. My neighbor was a hairstylist and she has offered to do it for me. We have a lot of quid pro quos such as dogsitting, using one another's oven at holidays, and I help look in on her mother when she is away. That will work for me. My plan is to lighten it and bring in more highlights as I let it grow in. I can only go so short though. My hair is naturally curly, and I wear it natural now. I really don't like the Clarabelle Clown look, so I wear it a little longer. So right now I am cutting off the fried ends thereby getting rid of some of the old, darker brown. It's a process. I'm not looking forward to it. And if I have to I'll cut it really really short and blow dry it as straight as possible. We'll see how this goes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

FREEEDOOOM!
    Last edited by PeggyM; October 30th, 2014 at 11:46 PM.
    My friends call me Peggy
    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Cute haircut! I wish I had the courage to go short.
    Beth

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I love your new adventure! I bet it will be so easy to care for and feel great!
    My MIL is always getting on me to dye my hair as I'm only in my 30's and starting to grey up front. (I think she secretly wishes her son married a blonde! ��). I hope mine doesn't turn into a stripe....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I wore my hair just a little longer than that before I colored, not now. Not going to stop coloring it any time soon either since my "grey" isn't grey but snow white and grows in a la Bride of Frankenstein streaks on both temples. Not a look I care to rock. Besides, my guy only charges 30 bucks for a wash, color and blow dry.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I got tired of the "skunk" stripe and decided last fall to let it go. I had it hi-lited for the last time last Thanksgiving. I am now completely white. I have a love hate relationship with it. It is so freeing! I love not coloring and worrying about roots every 2-3 weeks, but the white is white. I feel like my grandmother. Its not a pretty silver. I go back & forth on whether to add some color back in, but keep reminding myself why I quit in the 1st place.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I did the same thing a few years back. I think it's a great idea. I'm a redhead and the red/dingy gray combo just looked awful on me. Now I color my roots once in a while and get a few highlights. If my hair ever turns all gray I will do the same thing in a heartbeat. Congratulations on taking the big step. I don't think you will ever regret it. Way to go, Chica! More $$ for fabric!
    Last edited by Bubby; October 31st, 2014 at 12:33 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think it looks wonderful! My hair started turning white (a streak) when I was about in my twenties and just kept getting whiter. I used to color it but it was a big expense every 4 weeks to get it done. So I went to the lightest blonde I could and let it grow back out white. Took about a year to get all the blonde out and back to white. I love it, now people ask me is that really your color!
    The only thing I have to do differently now is wear a little more color with my makeup so I don't look washed out.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards