Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling down.......I need a pick me up

I figured you ladies and gents might help lift my spirits. I have not posted in a while but I usually lurk every few days. I have so many issues with my eyes mostly due to Sjogrens. On Monday I had punctual plugs inserted into my tear ducts to conserve what little moisture I have on my eyes.....the tear gland has been completely destroyed due to the Sjogrens. I woke this morning to my left eye being totally crusted shut.....I figured great an infection. So I called the Eye Doc to advise him of the current situation and was asked to come in. I am shocked and he said he never saw this coming. I have Narrow Angle Glaucoma so......2 more surgeries in November! These next to surgeries will be the 7th surgery since May! I really would like a break.....Sjogrens, Fibro, and now this! I guess what really ticks me off is that it's right in the middle of Craft Fair Season. So I guess I have toad crept that what I have made will have to do. Every time I have a surgery it sends my eyes into over drive and they get terribly inflamed! I am so sorry to be complaining because I know it could be a lot worse but Geez....a small break would be nice! Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers and I am sure tomorow this won't seem quite as bad. Thanks for listening 😢 I'd cry if I had some tears lol

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Feeling down.......I need a pick me up

Ugh, my heart goes out to you Fannie. Of all my senses I think I'd be in a panic the most over problems with my eyes.

I did get a giggle out of your auto-correct though - "toad crept" (which I'm sure was supposed to be "to accept") but the image of a toad creeping along in my mind was just too funny.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

That's a lot to deal with, Fannie. Sure hope things stabilize for you. Good wishes coming your way

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Fannie...you can come here anytime to vent, cry, or just throw a fit. It does get old when you constantly have something going wrong with your health. Having issues with your eyes just sucks. It is bad enough to have other issues, but when you can't see, it takes it to a whole other level. Will keep you in my prayers.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I' m sorry to hear of your situation, you will definetly be in my thoughts. I hope you have a successful outcome on your surgery and can get back to what you love doing. Please let us know how you're doing.
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Fannie, Karen and are both had visions of the creeping toads.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ToadInvasionWENN_850x616.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	90459

I have so much empathy for you - I got sick and tired of the glaucoma surgeries - and now the drops three times a day or be square, and the pills that are supposed to help . . . I couldn't afford for anything else to go wrong. Prayers coming - daily!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by K. McEuen View Post
    Ugh, my heart goes out to you Fannie. Of all my senses I think I'd be in a panic the most over problems with my eyes.

I did get a giggle out of your auto-correct though - "toad crept" (which I'm sure was supposed to be "to accept") but the image of a toad creeping along in my mind was just too funny.
    Well Karen the toad crept did make me laugh....your correct as to what it was supposed to be haha. Thanks Sandy for the visual...no pun intended haha

Fannie

Live each day as if it were your last!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Fannie, so sorry for your eye problems. We miss you when we don't hear from you. Hope you can get things under control and feel good once again.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about all of your troubles! I do hope things improve for you soon.

I'm glad Karen explained the "toad crept" comment. I had no idea what that meant! I know you guys up in Maine have a different way of talking sometimes, but this was too much!
    Cyndi

“Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake.” - Victor Hugo

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Fannie - I'm sorry to hear of your troubles and I have you in my prayers that these surgeries bring you relief and back on the road to where you want to be.

((((HUGS))))
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish