Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Okay Karen... and all, finished Frozen quilt top!

Just beautiful! I just got two panels after much searching and the panel is larger than I expected. I may go with one border and sprinkle some fusible snowflakes on that. What we do for the little Princess!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Love it! I just may have to make one for my daughter
    "Only God is perfect, my quilts don't have to be!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Gloria, that is simply beautiful, those snowflakes really make the quilt! As I shudder from the thought of tackling them myself! Am sure your GD will adore this! And I'm one for the binding being the finishing touch of accent color!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quiltingaway View Post
    Just beautiful! I just got two panels after much searching and the panel is larger than I expected. I may go with one border and sprinkle some fusible snowflakes on that. What we do for the little Princess!
    I have another one too. Looking for a simpler snowflake block. My daughter suggested doing the Layer cake PinWheel with my deep blue snowflake fabric. They are bigger than I thought, and that is why I cut off the printed borders.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie J View Post
    Gloria, that is simply beautiful, those snowflakes really make the quilt! As I shudder from the thought of tackling them myself! Am sure your GD will adore this! And I'm one for the binding being the finishing touch of accent color!
    Thank you. I am waffling on the border... Maybe just a 3 inch in the white snowflake fabric to set the snowflakes out. And then the blue or deep pink binding. Give me a bit of time, and I rethink every thing. LOL

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

May I ask you where you found the pattern for the snowflake block? I love it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You are the best grandmother EVER!
    My friends call me Peggy
    The government calls me Mary Margaret

Proverbs 13:22 A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I've been umming and aaring whether to make the frozen panel quilts for my 2 granddaughters as after all the work involved I wanted them to treasure a quilt I make them for years but am afraid that a themed quilt such as this will date very quickly. Having said that, I do think that your quilt with the lovely snowflakes has made me think again as it is so lovely.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mccallcarla View Post
    May I ask you where you found the pattern for the snowflake block? I love it.
    I didn't use a pattern. I saw the blocks on Craftsy, and I just saw they were HST's and I drew it up on a grid and my husband who is a mathical genius told me how big they needed to be based on the size of my panel after cutting off the printed borders. It wasn't a perfect hit, so I added top and bottom borders to the printed panel. It's 54 X 68 right now, my blocks are 12.5 unfinished. Karen told me what size charms I needed to make Jenny's HST. It took 3 of us to make this quilt top! lol.

If you want a pattern, Craftsy has one. It's called "Sisters Forever" quilt.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Very cute!
    I was going to chime in with a small border, maybe 1.5", of your lighter color, with the dark binding. I think it would look best with a bit of space before the darker border. Good use of the snow flakes!!