Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: It finally came, it's FRIDAY!!!

Good morning and Happy Friday to all. Nice day here. Great day for our nephews wedding.

I woke up at 5:45 thinking about work. I had a couple of thoughts about some preparations for our Employee Recognition Breakfast on Monday morning. I will give my co-worker a call after 9. I probably could have gone into work for a couple hours this morning but that would have made it a bit hectic getting ready to go to the wedding. This way I can see for a bit and then get ready at a leisurely pace.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

2. Thanks Panda thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	150.1 KB 
ID:	89780

Good morning! Wish Friday held the same endearment as it does to most of you...but for me...it's just another day...and a busy one!

I'm really excited about the royals in the series...my dad use to take us kids to the games and we would sit in the general admission seats...we loved it?.....I was hopeful the Redbirds would make the cut!

I am 80% done with my nightsky quilt. Took a twister class last night...or I should say mini twister. Interesting....

We might get a mouse on occasion....until SHELDON sees it....then it's days are numbered...he's a great mouser!

Sure do miss Blondie!

Everyone have a great day!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doloris View Post
    Yes Ryan I am familiar with that particular parking lot. When we visit DS we have to time our departure here to make it there between certain times of the day, and then make our departure time from there to home accordingly. There is no good time to be on that road, but there are better times than others.
    When is a good time to use that road? Asking because we're planning a trip to visit DH's sister at her new place in Leesburg
    VA.

Jean, We've always enjoyed DGD's soccer games even though her teams hardly ever won a game.

Friday already! Working on my quilt this morning as I want to finish the top ASAP because I found someone to quilt it for me. I think I knew a quilting pal had a long arm but didn't know she accepted commissions. She can only do quilts up to 92 x 92 so I'm changing the size I originally planned to accommodate her needs. I've seen her work and it's beautiful with great craftsmanship. I'll either mail her my top and backing or take a ride down to her, she lives about 2 hours south of me in Jersey. She and I have a challenge between ourselves for the 2015 Lancaster show get together's Show and Tell, we're both making the Brooklyn row by row block.

Peanut butter in mouse trap always worked for us. Used to get one or two in the winter because door from house into garage didn't fit properly. New door and no more little mice.

Sandy, I'm holding on to my old cheapie Brother because it has the best zig zag stitches, small, narrow and wide.

Yes, We're all missing our Blondie - pray all is well with her and family.
    Last edited by MayinJerset; October 17th, 2014 at 09:43 AM.

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Oh, how I hate mice. I have had lots of encounters with mice. The worst one is when I was standing on a chair getting something on the top shelf of the pantry and there was a mouse looking at me. You never saw anyone fly off the chair and run upstairs and hide so fast.
    Grandma Nan, I couldn't have dealt with the snake either.
    Well, I hope everyone has a creature free weekend.

Kathy

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cat_n_mouse_blog.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	89782

Lunch went very well yesterday! So much fun to have our birthday boy here - we always have so many giggles. In they came with a 'new' sewing machine for me. I was like "what in the world do I need another machine for" but peeked and then was like "and it's a Kenmore . . . not my cup of tea" . . . but after they left I got it out and have to say I'm kinda glad to have it in my armory. This one is simple but does a zig-zag and none of my Singers does. This will make a good back-up when I'm doing embroidery work or my main machine is otherwise occupied. And Al seems like he wants to learn to put quilt pieces together . . . I'm really in for it now.

Off to spend the day doing QUILTING!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Monique, I'm with the rest...peanut butter on the trap. When we lived in the Foothills we had mice in the garage, Don used that trip a lot in the winter.

So fill me in "Where is Miss Blondie?" - I need to call her really. Me bad.

Today Kat is being chauffeur and we're making some shopping stops ending at Costco to pick up meds and a big old pizza for dinner at her house. That will be nice.

Enjoy your weekend all.
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy, if it's an OLD Kenmore,,, it's possibly a work horse,,, had one many years back and loved it...what no "zig zag"????
    If Al begins piecing,,, "look out"... you will always have company in the sewing room!!!
    Yesterday I finished a "funky leftover quilt",,I've now got 2 pillows and a quilt for Sis..I may assemble the disappearing 9 patch I made,, not sure I like it, but it depleted the stash by almost 5 fabrics... may assemble today..
    I MUST fiddle with the ornament shape planned for this year.. I've done it in my head so much, but that's not always a "work out"..
    NOTHING planned this weekend, and that's a "good thing"... my friends have arrived in Rome today,, so their journey begins.. if only we were not such timid travelers, and NOW is not the time to be "seeing the world", at least in our book!!!
    Off to watch Jenny's new tutorial, perhaps a little inspiration for more "stash cutting"!!! GB
    "Each day well-lived and Happy;
    that's all there is to Life!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good Morning all!
    Today is planned trip to the doctors office for DH!! he has been having a bit of chest pain! and after a visit to the ER on Wednesday we need to do some follow up today! He has a funky (not a real medical term) rhythm occasionally and his heart rate drops to the 40's. He has been evaluated for a pacemaker but he doesn't have the second degree heart block that needs a pacemaker.
    So we are going to see what the plan will be for work up. The cardiologist thinks he has had this odd rhythm all his life!! But now he is feeling some coronary spasms! So we will see!!!
    Hope all goes well for everyone and all have a great weekend!!!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma Nan View Post
    Oh Monique- I wouldn't sleep either with a mouse in the house. I have an irrational fear of mice. EEEEEEEEKKK!! However, I was at my cousin's house the other day (they live in the country) we were hand quilting a beautiful queen size in her basement and when I went downstairs I saw a little garter snake slither under the couch. Now that doesn't bother me at all. We moved the couch and got the little guy outside but if that was a mouse- oh my goodness. I would not have been able to quilt. Tee Hee. Funny the things that make us mental.

I am having a sew day with a little break to go to the sleep disorders clinic to have my cpap checked.

Hope everyone has a fun fantastic Friday.
    I would freak out and scream like a girl if I saw a snake in the house and probably leave the house until the snake was caught. I now have all three traps reset and yes I use peanut butter.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pcbatiks View Post
    Monique.........try peanut butter on the traps....it worked for us when we had an icky little visitor.

Good morning everyone. I'm going to a few garage sales this morning with one of my cousins.......hope we find something good......but it will be fun anyway!

There is a garage sale listed for tomorrow that says.........."fabrics, fabrics, fabrics of all kinds & sewing notions"! I have a feeling that I will be going to that one! Anyone want to go with me?!

Hope you all have a great weekend! Prayers and hugs to those who need them.
    I do, I do!!!!!!
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!