Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tiara by Babylock

I had sewed on the Tiara and the Sweet Sixteen (both identical; Tiara came later) the last few years, as I really wanted an easier way to quilt than on my domestic machine. However, the orientation really seemed to be a stumbling block for me; and I didn't like the fact that the entire quilt width or length would be backed up in front of me. So... I looked at the "George" from APQS. Was instantly 'at home' with it, since it was how I learned to FMQ, with the orientation just like a regular machine - but it is a true long arm, I think 18" to the right of the needle, and extremely tall. No problem 'bunching up' any quilt. And it has a real quality feel when stitching. You can send for a DVD and info, free.

(Oh, and by the way, to answer your original question, yes, I believe that is a fantastic price! But have you actually sewed with that stitch regulator? I did not like it at all - but I stitch very fast, and I usually get "kicked out" of the regulator mode. And keeping it under the fabric seemed to be very awkward. My opinion, when I sewed on it.)

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tiara by Babylock

Thank you ladies for all your input, I am going to do a little more research. There is a huge quilt show in January, Road to California. I have been told to wait and look and try out the machines then, thanks again.