Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving to South Carolina

Does anyone live near Murrells Inlet, S.C. I have been there a couple of times (went last weekend to scope out the housing, hospitals, etc.) and I have just fallen in love with the area. I need to move because I have too much property for me to take care of and the winters are too cold. Taxes just seem to go up every year and I am retired. I was really impressed with the housing (I will be looking for a condo/townhome) and the prices. Does anyone live there or near there. Didn't really care for Myrtle Beach. The area I am looking in would not be right on the beach but close enough to go everyday if I wanted to. Close to Huntington State Park and Brookgreen Gardens. Any advice would be appreciated. I know about the humidity in the summer. I live on the eastern shore in Maryland and the humidity is always miserable in the summer.

Thanks,
    JackieK

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Moving to South Carolina

I live in the opposite extreme corner so I can't help you. I'm a transplant myself, in the 20+ years I've lived here I have never been to Myrtle Beach, went to Charleston once.
    Since you're always on my mind can you straighten out the mess up there?