Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Giveaway Week 30 Aug 4th - Aug 12th

A Big Congrats to our big winners mammasawn & BellasQuilts Loved hearing about your fun projects, and quilting adventures!

I'm feeling the summer fly today! So, I want to see how many of you have to worry about back to school. Doesn't matter to me how or for who, just tell me if you do. I'd love to here why!

To enter this giveaway for 500 points just hit the reply to thread button and answer my question! Then join in discussions all over the forum! Have fun!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Giveaway Week 30 Aug 4th - Aug 12th

My child started school yesterday. Worried she would not like it this year, but she has talked non-stop about the first 2 days and how great it is

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! I used to worry. I used to teach and every summer I was in my classroom 2 weeks before school started. There was so much to do - cleaning, dragging supplies out of the closets, name tags on desks, paperwork/files for that year's students, bus route lists, decorating the room with colorful posters, setting up the aquarium, meetings, lesson plans started, and the list goes on and on. It was a combination of worry about getting everything perfect and the excitement of getting to know a new group of students. I taught the perfect grade level - 2nd grade. They were old enough to do some stuff independently, but young enough to still have that innocence and a desire to please. I'm retired now. I miss my students and frequently visit the school during lunch time so I can see some of them. I always get lots of hugs when I do. The one thing I don't miss is working 10 or more hours each weekday and many hours over the weekend. I loooove retirement. Now I just smile and wave as the school bus drives by my house!
    Bec

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Nope, I don't have to worry about school anymore. Thank goodness.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My son graduated tonight with a masters and will be teaching next semester so he has to worry about school, not me, yippee !

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

One son has graduated and one is entering 8th grade. I love getting ready to send him back - it is kind of exciting. Although more so for me than him! LOL Older son is contemplating culinary school in Boston and I would love to see him follow thru!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This will be the first year in 25 that I do not have to wake anyone up for school other than myself. I teach preschool. No more yelling a hundred times to get up. No more having to deal with homework. No more dodging phone calls when I see it is the school calling and thinking "what now" lol...I am sure one day I will say I miss it but not now. Now I am doing the happy dance.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have to worry about back to school anymore. My son is grown and no grandkids......yet!
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Two going back to school. It seems they don't get older all year until they start school again and then all at once their a year older.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

We homeschool so I there's lot of preparation coming up before we start back up after Labor Day.
    Come by and see what I'm up to on my blog...
    Summer Lee Quilts