Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Air Erasable Marking Pen

I wanted to let you know this is available at M*. I purchased this at a LQS, and I am pretty sure I paid about twice as much. It really does just disappear via the humidity in the air.

Air Erasable Roller Ball Pen - Sewline
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

2. Thanks stationarymom thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Air Erasable Marking Pen

I'm curious to see how you like it once you use it for a while. It's not refillable is it?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

This is my absolutely favorite marking pen!!! It does just disappear, sometimes before I am ready for it to! I always test it on an inconspicuous spot first before I do a lot of marking if I am marking a finished project. Usually I will do a test on all the fabrics in a project BEFORE I put it together but some times I forget!

it is not refillable but I found them somewhere on line in a package of 3 for around $9 at the first of the year.

I am a pre-washer and Sewline states that some sizing and chemicals may inhibit the ink disappearing. http://www.sewline-product.com/Sewli...ble_Fabric_Pen
    Last edited by Auntpiggylpn; September 30th, 2014 at 10:12 AM.

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia H View Post
    I wanted to let you know this is available at M*. I purchased this at a LQS, and I am pretty sure I paid about twice as much. It really does just disappear via the humidity in the air.

Air Erasable Roller Ball Pen - Sewline
    Sylvia - I went to Amazon to see if it was listed there to check out the reviews. It had three reviews: one 5 star review; one 4 star review and one 1 star review. All three reviews commented that it disappears quickly thus the one star review. BTW - the price was $4.50 plus $4.99 shipping which then makes it pricey from Amazon. It was sold by a third party vendor.

I appreciate you posting this as I like to see what products are out there and then I try and find reviews before making a purchase.
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Carlie, I used it for several small projects and will definitely use it again.

Auntpigglypn, I don't prewash, but I had no problems because of that.

Gerri , thanks for the info. I was advised to only mark what I could quilt in a day. I don't think this is the pen to use if you want to mark a whole quilt at the same time. Most of the time, my markings lasted for 1 - 3 days. Only one did they disappear in just a few hours.
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you.- Zig Ziglar

7. Thanks Carlie Wolf thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have used one of these and really loved it. It does disappear and I was also told only to mark what you can get done in a day or you will be re-marking your design, lines, etc. Thanks for the info Sylvia.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sylvia, glad you posted this. Have been looking at pens, but never sure which one worked or didn't! Thanks for sharing!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

If you put your marked pieces in a sealed container or bag, the markings won't disappear. I learned the hard way what happens when they do! Also, if it's humid out, they disappear faster!
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bubba View Post
    If you put your marked pieces in a sealed container or bag, the markings won't disappear. I learned the hard way what happens when they do! Also, if it's humid out, they disappear faster!
    Thanks for that tip. As humid as it stays in this part of Texas my markings would disappear in a heartbeat! I'm going to order one of those pens.
    Gerri

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for this info about the Sewline pen. I see in M*'s product description that the marks should be removed before ironing the piece. You just wipe it away with a moist cloth?