Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default This is a new one

I received an order from M* today. It arrived in a clear plastic bag over the Tyvek mailing envelope and had "damage" stickers on it. I opened it, and to my amazement, the envelope was wet, not damp, wet. The fabric was wrapped in plastic so it wasn't damaged. I know it was the USPS that is responsible for the condition of the package, but I have never received a wet package before. I got the DD with the titanium blades and the cardboard packaging on that was wet. I'll remove the blades immediately.

Anyone ever received a wet envelope before from the postal service?

Dolly

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This is a new one

I've gotten completely mangled packages. I think this happens frequently because many online vendors wrap each yardage cut and FQ bundle in plastic individually.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Midge, I've had torn packaging before, but never wet. I wonder if the mail was sitting out on the loading dock in a rainstorm.

Dolly

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dollyquilts View Post
    I received an order from M* today. It arrived in a clear plastic bag over the Tyvek mailing envelope and had "damage" stickers on it. I opened it, and to my amazement, the envelope was wet, not damp, wet. The fabric was wrapped in plastic so it wasn't damaged. I know it was the USPS that is responsible for the condition of the package, but I have never received a wet package before. I got the DD with the titanium blades and the cardboard packaging on that was wet. I'll remove the blades immediately.

Anyone ever received a wet envelope before from the postal service?

Dolly
    No, but once our daughter mailed her grandparents a thank you card and they received it 8 or 9 years later and it was BLACK with ink and in a plastic bag - we have absolutely NO IDEA how they could have read the address on the envelope to tell where to deliver it.

The stories some of our mail could tell us.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have received packages and envelopes with tire tread marks on them, but never a soggy package.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
    I have received packages and envelopes with tire tread marks on them, but never a soggy package.
    Like Barb.......I have received a pkg with a quilt book inside that had tire marks & the book was curled up like a potato chip!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dolly, never wet, but one that looked like the "American Tourister" silver back gorilla had gotten ahold of it!
    What do you mean I'm easily distracted..........HEY LOOK......FABRIC!!!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Never wet, but I got one good and shredded! How the fabric inside was not damaged, I have no clue! It came from the post office four months late, so I'm sure it was jammed in one of their machines.
    pat.

No rain....no rainbows!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

We've gotten plenty of mangled packages but not wet since it never rains here!
    Vernona

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Someone posted on here a month or two ago that the bottom of their package was wet. I believe they even posted a picture.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.