The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Monday Monday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1400.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	208.7 KB 
ID:	87720

Just had to show you how my football quilt is coming. The picture may be sideways but don't know how to change it around. Anyway you get the idea.
    Mary

2. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning! Still have 5 minutes left of it! Blondie, so cute on santas lap!! Myrna....I love love love George and gracie! How exciting for you! I am so envious! Someday....

Well day 1 of staycation was so productive! I completely cleaned my kitchen,living room, bedroom, halls and bathrooms from floor to ceiling. Our cute little yellow lab gets hair EVERYWHERE... It's a challenge to keep up with it...which I lose weekly...but getting up this morning I got to walk out into a beautifully clean, organized house. So nice... I even swept the sewing room. I made DH go thru his closet and remove the too large clothing and we donated those...save the dress shirts...which I am going to make a quilt out of to remember his journey. I cooked chicken and dumplings for dinner. Face timed with my dd. Rented the movie "other woman" and watched it. So much in one day...exhilarating!! Haha...

Today I have been reading and working on my night sky quilt. I am also doing laundry as the day goes. I have a restore, repair, and mend class tonight and I think I just might rent another movie to watch when I get home.

Sounds like all of you have lots to keep you busy! All of you traveling to the retreat, drive safely. Sherri best wishes in your job hunt. I don't know what you specialize in...but pray that you will find something.

Well all...have a great day!!!
    Mary
    SW Missouri

Smile and the world smiles with you, frown and you frown alone.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

It's a beautiful day in east TN! 50's last night and 74 today. Thank goodness summer is over. I can't take the heat any more. I've been cleaning our bathroom. What a disaster area! Of course the whole house is a disaster. I haven't done any real cleaning in over a year. Every time I start cleaning in there I feel like crying. We had Home Depot install a new tile floor, and what a disaster. There was grout all over the place, except between the tiles. They came back to "fix" it and made it worse. Then we had to leave for the summer. I'm going over next week and tell them what I think of them! Then I think I'll come home and take a sledge hammer to the floor!

DS and DIL had to put their sweet furbaby down today. He had lymphoma. His name was Porter and he was a sleek black kitty, shiny and gorgeous. I just told them I hope my Ellie outlives me, which might happen since I'm almost 77!

Back to work!

Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Babs, The lil chap on Santa's knee next to me is my big bro. Mom is standing behind him (and she still is today, lol), My Poppa Coy, Granny Ethel(the one who taught me to quilt) and my handsome Daddy.

Monique, I am thrilled you were able to get to some new quilt shops in Lancaster. I haven't been there in YEARS and never knew anyone in the area at that time who could show me around. If'n I ever get to go, I know who to contact these days!

MYRNA!, I am sitting here doing the happy dance in my chair for you! You'll be so busy you won't have time to enjoy retirement! One of my buds here in the county retired and she works more now quilting for others than she did when she held a full time job! Great deals for you and oh, how happy I am for YOU! G & G are a perfect fit.

Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

My brain has been slowed down today but it just clicked on enough to know that now Myrna can play that video of the Prairie Dogs calling "Allen, Allen, Allen" and both George and Gracie will turn on for her!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie - if you are ever in the Lancaster area, I'd better know about it.
    Sorry Monique - I didn't even get to phone you. I didn't get to the show, not even on Sunday when I was thinking about going. I'm so glad you had a great time. Maybe someday we will get to meet.

I had a wonderful picnic dinner with my 2 sisters tonight. A friend at work mentioned that she and her 4 other sisters meet on their birthdays through the year and whoever's birthday it is gets to pick what they will do. We thought we would try that but our younger sister came up with parachuting out of a plane, zip-lining, and tumbling down a ski hill in a big rubber ball. The other 2 of us that have some sense decided it would be a good idea to just meet for dinner once a month. So, they stopped and picked up Chinese and we went out to the state park to eat there. How wonderful to sit and laugh at ourselves together. We can't wait to do something special next month!

Well, off for tonight. Sleep well everyone. So sorry to hear about Porter, Linda. Our furbabies mean so much to us.
    Ooooh, the retreat is this week! Wish I were coming. Maybe someday.

Hugs,
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I found the prairie dog video and played it Sandy...oh my gosh! I'll stick with turning them on myself. LOL! Everyone is welcome to stop by my little studio...especially if you have experience with LAQ. I could use some lessons.
    Blondie, unless something changes my mind later any quilting I do for others it will be for fun or gifts. It becomes work and is not as enjoyable if I get paid. I was lucky to get the frame and sewing machine at such a good price that I don't have to quilt to pay for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    My brain has been slowed down today but it just clicked on enough to know that now Myrna can play that video of the Prairie Dogs calling "Allen, Allen, Allen" and both George and Gracie will turn on for her!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*