Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Dream Machine ideas 2 options

I haven't seen an Exceed 300 in person, but looking at the pics, the harp looks smaller than my Juki TL2010. Not just the width, but the height and the area on the needle side is less bulky on the TL2010. There is more room than you'd think. I have my Juki in a Gidget 2 table. It's nice to have it on a level surface (in the table, you don't use the extension table that comes with the machine). The table itself is small and I use a folding table along side it. It's a much less expensive alternative to say an HQ sitdown machine. I have heard that if you put the Juki on a frame, you only have a narrow area to quilt, so for the kind of designs I like to do, it wouldn't be practical. Would be fine for stippling and smaller overall patterns. LOVE my Juki! Good luck with your search.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

My Babylock Spirit embroidery machine claims to have some quilt patterns but I'm reluctant to try and put a quilt in it. I wrote to babylock and they said you embroider the top before you put the batting and backing on it. That isn't what I wanted to do.
    I've been looking at templates for machine quilting and there are some that come in rolls preprinted paper that you just cut the length you want and tape to your quilt then sew over then pull off the paper. I was thinking I could take some extra water soluble stabilizer and draw a design on it and try to do the same thing. There are also acrylic templates out there designed to be sewn around. This will be an interesting journey.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Equilady View Post
    My Babylock Spirit embroidery machine claims to have some quilt patterns but I'm reluctant to try and put a quilt in it. I wrote to babylock and they said you embroider the top before you put the batting and backing on it. That isn't what I wanted to do.
    I have a Brother embroidery machine and have quilted sandwiched quilts with it without any problem. There are two methods that I have used, one hooping the sandwich without stabilizer and the other by attaching the sandwich to the bottom hoop only with binder clips. If you want more information a search will turn up some earlier discussions of this or we can pm or discuss it here.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Well I bit the bullet and now own the Artistic Quilter 18 SD. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Quilter.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	17.8 KB 
ID:	87364 My exceed 300 is in the foreground and the quilter is at the other end. The table comes with the quilter. I have the leaf up but you can fold the legs under and drop the leaf down. You can also easily remove the leaf.
    I need to get busy and finish the quilt top I'm working on so I can use the new toy.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! Enjoy your new machine!
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations with your new purchase! You have a nice set up. I'm sure you are going to enjoy it.