Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wanted, loving homes

Hi,

I have several unfinished quilts that need sandwiching. I have discovered I like piecing, applique, paper piecing, etc lol.
    I am prepared to give them away for free and pay for postage! If would like 1 or them all, please take them off my hands.

Disclaimer: I have only been sewing, quilting or 3 years, so the tops aren't perfect, but I had fun making them and learning new skills

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	82318 this 31" x 36" without a border

Views:	123 
Size:	188.4 KB 
ID:	82319 in bits lol, needs to be finished sewing together, must have lost my mojo lol

Views:	112 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	82320 approx 65" square, with border, needs slight mending in middle as I made some small holes unpicking quilting that I stuffed up

Views:	145 
Size:	202.7 KB 
ID:	82322 56" x 55" with border

Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Wanted, loving homes

I will take them and finish them and give them to our quilt ministry

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Those are beautiful tops!

Is there a local quilting guild in your area? If so, you might want to contact them and ask if they make quilts for charity. If so, I'm sure they would be happy to take them off your hands, finish them and give them a new home!

If not, there is at least one member of this forum I know of who is making and collecting quilts for the local pediatric intensive care unit (Auntiemern). You might want to contact her and ask if she can use these tops!

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Yes what Cat77 said...New York Sue also can send the small one to her pediatric intensive unit ...she collects them as well for charity...
    Priscilla Lujan
    Los Angeles, CA

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there,

Would love to finish off the top one for Cyber Elves Gives Back - Cyber Elves' Closet category. It will surely cheer up a child.

You can find our FB Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1432900886936846/ for more information or look here in the Group's section as well: http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gro...rive-2013.html

Thank you for your consideration.

PS: Just realized you're in Australia - Shall we share the cost of postage through PayPal.

Huggers, Ruby
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You are so very kind! Yes, I hope you can find some charity group near you but I've heard of the Church Ministry groups, and all the others mentioned. Great idea to just do the parts you like until you want to do more, or not. That's a lovely idea and so thoughtful

Keep on Quilting and learning :-)

Debbie
    Debbie and the cats KayCee (16), Lucky Streak (11), and gods gift Sandia (8)

RIP Bonnie (18) December 2014 We had 10 loving years before you went to see your previous Meow-Mom - tell her I love you too!

Spread Sunshine with every thought, word and deed.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

If you have not yet sent them out..or still deciding on who to send them too...I could use all or even just 1..I do Weighted Sensory quilts and could then donate these to anyone who otherwise could not afford to pay for them. They are wonderful and used for many different types of therapy..in the Sensory/Autism spectrum..thanks in advance..I understand others have replied already..just putting this out there..for now or even in future Linda

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ruby also picked up on the fact that the offeree is in Australia - pretty expensive travel.

Surely someone in Australia will pick up on this thread and have a wonderful charity project that can use these.

Beautiful work, and a beautiful offer.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just want to say you are a kind and generous person and your quilts are wonderful. Looks like you have no shortage of takers here.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ruby,

I will be glad to send you the top one you wanted. Thanks for the offer of postage, I'm quite happy to cover it lol.

Please send me an email with your details

purplecelticrose@gmail.com

Marianne