Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flash Sewing September 12th to 14th

OK, OK, so it's only Thursday. It's too early for the Flash Sewing thread. It's pathetic of me, I know. But I wonder if I'm not the only one who is looking forward to the peace of weekend sewing at the end of the work week? I just can't wait. If I can't sew, at least I can fantasize about sewing, and talk about sewing! Anyone else already itching to finish the work week & get back to quilting? And what are your plans?

I hope to work on my Second Hand Rose shirt quilt -- cutting & piecing -- & on a UFO that I am going to finish & send to Marilyn for her PICU group. I don't think it will get finished this weekend -- need to shop for binding. There's nothing suitable in my stash. And it's not seeming like a trip to Joann's is in my weekend energy budget. But I could finish quilting, square it up, & calculate how much yardage I need for binding.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Flash Sewing September 12th to 14th

I sandwiched two quilts today--hope to quilt at least one of them this weekend. Would also like to work on my coin quilt--so much to do!
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Always dreaming of the weekend! I did get the thin black borders on the chevron quilt last night. It still needs another wider border and then it will be ready for quilting. Worked on some pillowcases for Ruby's Cyber Elves group tonight - they are in the washer.

Want to work on more Cathedral Stars blocks - they are so much fun! Lovin' being scrappy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1733.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	86997
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I hope to spend tomorrow sewing and some time on the weekend. Now I just have to decide which project I'm going to work on! I have no UFO's, so ready for a new project. I have everything I need for 4 Christmas gifts....just have to pick one!

Terri

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am sooooo in on a flash sewing weekend. I have to get busy working on the periwinkle I started with my Mother. And it's NEVER too soon planning a flash sewing weekend
    The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above/ Is under a quilt, handmade with love

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ilive2craft2 View Post
    Always dreaming of the weekend! I did get the thin black borders on the chevron quilt last night. It still needs another wider border and then it will be ready for quilting. Worked on some pillowcases for Ruby's Cyber Elves group tonight - they are in the washer.

Want to work on more Cathedral Stars blocks - they are so much fun! Lovin' being scrappy!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1733.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	86997
    Wow! That is cool!

Iv'e been out a couple of weekends because of this mop I got. No matter how many toys I buy he just want's to chew me. I cleaned up today so I think I can back to my second hand rose project.

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Flash sewing will be brief for me this weekend. I finished the tshirt quilt (finally!) this week as well as a Halloween wallhanging. I had thought about sending the Halloween wallhanging to the LAQ along with the tshirt quilt, but I doubt I could get it back before Halloween. Probably go on and sandwich the wallhanging and attempt to FMQ it...it is small, so maybe my hurt shoulders can do this in small bits. I keep telling myself Halloween is supposed to be wonky anyway, so my FMQ would not have to be perfect...(I just don't seem to have the gene that allows one to be good at this...)

Love that Cathedral Stars pattern! Maybe someday....

We are going to see DS Saturday and Sunday, so we will be out of town and away from the sewing machine. We don't get to see him much, so we are excited. You all have a great weekend sewing!!
    Last edited by Lightwriter; September 12th, 2014 at 06:52 AM.
    Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Will be having a sewing weekend for sure! But there is so much else to do!! Started laundry already so I can get a jump on things! Need to get some cleaning done too, but otherwise it is on to more blocks in the Night sky group!!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have two small gifts to make and to finish up the small table topper top that I'm bringing to the Forum Get Together for the hand quilting lesson.
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am hoping to finish up another quilt this week-end. It is on the frame and ready to go. I try not to plan too much for my flash sewing because I'm not as "flashy" as I used to be.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!