Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Flash sewing weekend 9/4-6

Wow wow wow. There is so much that went on this weekend for flash sewers/quilters. Awesome.

Well, I have 7 more seams (columns) to stitch and the top half of the bargello top is done and. I can get going on round two, the bottom half. Cant wait. I really am enjoying this quilt even though it is so much work. Here is a pic before I got down to seven seams. It looks HUGE because of the angle, but the quilt should finish at about 120x120. Not sure how quilting will ever get done on it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	86670

I expect to finish the seams tomorrow and will post a better pic probably by Wednesday. Thanks for following this process with me. I love the encoragement.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    Wow wow wow. There is so much that went on this weekend for flash sewers/quilters. Awesome.

I expect to finish the seams tomorrow and will post a better pic probably by Wednesday. Thanks for following this process with me. I love the encoragement.
    WOW!!!! It is going to be totally breath taking. This is on my list but, have to finish my water color UFO first.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That is fantastic! Beautifully done.
    April

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I have 7 more seams (columns) to stitch and the top half of the bargello top is done and. I can get going on round two, the bottom half. Cant wait. I really am enjoying this quilt even though it is so much work. Here is a pic before I got down to seven seams. It looks HUGE because of the angle, but the quilt should finish at about 120x120. Not sure how quilting will ever get done on it.

This is gorgeous.

On quilting this yourself, how big is the throat on your domestic sewing machine? Are you familiar with how to split the batting? If you have time to take this class you will get some great ideas on how to handle quilting a quilt this big. I think Ann is the best teacher at Craftsy

Learn How to Machine Quilt Big Projects on Your Home Sewing Machine

Happy quilting

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!! Looks like everyone had a productive weekend!!! Unfortunately for me.... not so much I did manage to get the second of 2 commissioned button-down shirts done, but that was about it. After the fiasco of attempting to baste my YBR quilt on Saturday night... I decided to put it down for a bit and "reset." Indians game yesterday was awesome (WE SWEPT THE SOX!) but I came home completely exhausted and didn't want to move off the couch

Hoping I can get all those pins pulled tonight and the YBR quilt re-basted. REALLY want to get it done by this weekend as my grandma will be heading back to PA soon and I'd like her to have it before she leaves.

Happy Monday Everyone!
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Karen...120x120 IS huge!!

What a beautiful quilt!! You're doing an awesome job on it!

Terri

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Lisa, That had to be a fun class. Bonnie loves color as much as I do!