Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Flash sewing weekend 9/4-6

No flash sewing for me this weekend. Work today until 2 then I will do a little sewing this afternoon and evening. But tomorrow will be spent down in New Orleans. Do believe we are going to spend the morning down in the French Market and then wander into the Quarters for a bit. That is until the heat drives us home. So I may get a little done tomorrow evening but that will all depend upon if I consume a drink or two or three. Wishing everyone a great flash weekend.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Claire Hallman View Post
    I have a great bear to applique on a Winter wall hanging I am trying to copy from a magazine. Now I need to find an better moose than the one I have.:
    Claire, My husband grew up in Maine so I have some moose related fabric and moose applique patterns. Post a link of the pattern you are trying to replicate, and let me know what size or type moose stuff you are looking for. I may be able to hook you up

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't thinking of joining, as I work both on Saturday and Sunday. But I'm going to be off earlier than I expected on both evenings. I've just started intensive home renovation, so there is going to be hexis handsewing tonight at my in-laws, and squaring up a quilt to be bound and starting to cut denim for a rag quilt tomorrow at my family's house (where there is an 11 feet long dining table, perfect for laying out).

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sigh. After several roaring choruses of "Rip It, Rip It" the frogs finally allowed me to finish the interior borders of the tshirt quilt. Has anyone else ever had a quilt that just made you want to stop quilting??? Outer borders maybe Monday. I need a break from the stress!!!!!!!
    Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I tried to work on my night sky quilt but its just too hot. Shouldn't have a bead of sweat on my forehead just piecing...and thats with fans going. Maybe tomorrow if it cools some.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful day here! 75 degrees. A cold front swept through last night, & brought lots of rain, & it seems to have broken the summer heat too. I'm even wearing a light cardigan. I know I'll be moaning soon enough about it being too cold, but right now I'm loving it.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Finished the ten potholders I had materials for--need more Insulbrite, but I'm going to wait to order it until the Daily Deal is something I really want!

Tomorrow I hope to work on quilts--husband will be at work, so I can s p r e a d out.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Had a great day sewing today at a Bonnie Hunter Cathedral Stars workshop. I got 4 of the ladder blocks done and 2 of the star blocks. I am loving it so far. I am pooped, but stopped at the park to play with my niece and nephew - it is gorgeous out today - low to mid 70's, not a cloud in the sky! Our bowling league starts tonight, so I am going to have to drink some caffeine to get through it. Hope to get into the sewing room some tomorrow, but not sure if I will get the chance or not.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hubby just left for his poker game (most likely won't be home until the wee hours of the morning). I didn't manage to finish my second "commissioned" button down shirt last night, so in finishing it up now. Then it'll be off to he my YBR quilt basted and start the quilting.

For some reason (probably the gloomy weather here in NE Ohio) I'm sleepy today. Praying my second wind kicks in and a "flash nap" won't be needed... But we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday!!
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am late to the quilting flash this weekend. My company left about 430 pm eastern time and I still had to get dinner started, so I think my day is done and I'll start fresh tomorrow!! Need to get my Night Sky fabric ironed and cut to try to get started with the group! Still waiting on my background fabric to arrive, hope it's early this week!!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
    My friends hear the song in my heart, and sing it to me when my memory fails. 

Eileen