Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Flash sewing weekend 9/4-6

I am in, I am a good two weeks behind because of my trip to the west coast. Before I left I only has 1 project on hold because of running out of fabric ( but found what I needed in California to finish ) and a quilt that just needed me to put together all the blocks assembled. But NOW!!! It's turned into 7 projects. We found out that 2 of our grandsons are having baby's and my Mother and I started a periwinkle quilt for my sister plus she sent home with me 2 wall hangings to finish. So I see many hours in the sewing room.
    The best kind of sleep beneath Heaven above/ Is under a quilt, handmade with love

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all. I was thinking I might sit out flash sewing this weekend, but I did some cutting & piecing for my Second Hand Rose quilt, so I might as well be in! I'll hope to make some more blocks for it & also keep going on hand sewing the binding on my contemporary quilt. I worked on it a bit during the evenings this week, but I think I've done only about a third, & some of that is of dubious quality. I'm decent with hand sewing generally; I'm not sure what happened -- tired? Distracted? Careless? in any case, you can *see* some of the stitches, & not just if you are looking closely!! Shush! Don't tell the quilt police .... I'm not sure I can be bothered ripping out the bad bits & doing it again -- I have perfectionist tendencies sometimes but I might tell those tendencies to shut up about this one.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A little late to the party.... But it looks like everyone is getting plenty of sewing done so far!!!

I'm making comic book shirt #2 tonight so Hubby can give it to his buddy tomorrow. He delivered the first one that I finished last night to our friend who is in town from Texas tonight and he LOVED it!!!

I've got a boat ton of housework to get done in the morning, but then it's back in the sewing room tomorrow night as Hubby has a poker game. I'm going to get my grandma's Yellow Brick Road quilt basted and hopefully quilted. I'd really like to give this to her sometime next week!

We're going to the Indians game on Sunday so I won't get any sewing in until later in the evening if at all.

Hope everyone is having a great Friday!!!
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

As you all know i am easily distracted by the grand baby. So got a late start today. Still up long arming the baby quilt. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	86484 chose circles since the piecing had all straight lines.
    Anita G.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I am so looking forward to great pics of projects finished and in the works. I plan on finishing the top half of my bargello quilt top. Also going to help my hranddaughter sandwich her first quilt and do curvy lines with a walking foot unless she chooses a decorative stich from the few the machine has. Cant wait to see how she does. She already quilted two placemats. Pics later. I also want to sandwich one of my ufos to then practice using stencils traced onto paper and fmq them. Big agenda, wish me luck

Happy quilting to all.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Grand babies are the BEST thing to be distracted by . I love this quilt your working on. So much fun!

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by MomGram View Post
    As you all know i am easily distracted by the grand baby. So got a late start today. Still up long arming the baby quilt. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	86484 chose circles since the piecing had all straight lines.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I had a very productive evening. I have all the blocks completed and three of the rows are assembled. I am hoping when I get this a little further along I will be happier with it. It's softer and paler than I usually do as I'm really a brights girl! I also mis-cut one of the fabrics so ended up switching my plan. I think it's going to be fine, but I'm just being hard on myself, lol.

Tomorrow morning is our big Walk for Muscular Dystrophy and I will be volunteering there, but in the afternoon I will be back at it on this quilt and see if I can get it basted and quilted by evening

Terri

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Karen I love reading about your granddaughter learning to sew and quilt. I look forward to seeing pics of her quilt!!

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Kgrammiecaz View Post
    I am so looking forward to great pics of projects finished and in the works. I plan on finishing the top half of my bargello quilt top. Also going to help my hranddaughter sandwich her first quilt and do curvy lines with a walking foot unless she chooses a decorative stich from the few the machine has. Cant wait to see how she does. She already quilted two placemats. Pics later. I also want to sandwich one of my ufos to then practice using stencils traced onto paper and fmq them. Big agenda, wish me luck

Happy quilting to all.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, baby's quilt on hold til next week as at least one person is still sending a square. (Ok, honestly hubby and I haven't come up with our square either). I've been so busy piecing and agonizing over placement I haven't even done my own LOL.
    I am working on fmq his quilt to get it done, thanks to the suggestions it is working a lot smoother. Not perfect but good enough to not set it all ablaze. If I get done with that I want to put my blocks together, or perhaps start my mom's gift.
    Kgrammiecaz, please post pics of granddaughters work I too would also love to see it. How old is she? I don't remember if you've already mentioned it
    Keep up the good work ladies!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

No sewing for me this weekend. I am at the beach and did not bring my machine.
    I did go by a LQS to pick up some needed fabric, unfortunately all they had left was one fat quarter. They did have some bear fabric so got a quarter yard of that so I have a great bear to applique on a Winter wall hanging I am trying to copy from a magazine. Now I need to find an better moose than the one I have.
    Hopefully I will be able to get the fabric I need for a class when I go to Chattanooga next weekend. No flash sewing next weekend either.