Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Flash sewing weekend 9/4-6

Chugging right along and doing my best to avoid a nap, lol. I got everything cut for my Watkins Star Quilt, just having some lunch then will get back at it....or I will nap, either or, lol!

Terri

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have to work tomorrow and worked late today so not a lot of time for sewing this weekend but I will be working on the Night sky quilt and maybe a perwinkle runner for the top of my bookcase headboard to match the dresser and nightstand ones. Also still still assembling a special project that 3 lovely ladies here will receive.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I want to get back to work on the Christmas quilt using the lattice pattern that I started last weekend. Lots of little blocks! Lots of ironing and trimming! I have the blocks themselves sewn, but not all of them trimmed. My goal for this weekend is to assemble them into the quilt top. If I get too sick of working on it or get frustrated I will turn to another project for a while. But I really want to get this fabric made up into the quilt top. Because the initial fabric choice I made may not be the best thing for my sis's house. I bought another LC as a standby. One of them will go to my sister, I just need to get far enough along on both of them that I can make a decision and finish the one for my sister first.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Baby's big girl quilt is almost all pieced! one border completely done. Going to work on getting the other border done, then figuring out a place to put her name and my hubby and I's special contribution. (this is the family contribution quilt i mentioned a few months ago). It's so close!
    Finally got the thread for hubby's remainder of the quilting, so hope to get that quilted and bound so i have handwork to do during the football games sunday.
    Hope to finish the baby's quilt top and get some of my blocks done.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hope to finish up the chevron I am working on - can't decide yet if it needs a border or not. Will decide that once it is all together and the "extra" lopped off. Tomorrow I am going to a Bonnie Hunter workshop for her Cathedral Stars pattern. Went to her lecture and trunk show last night and had a hard time going to sleep after - so many wonderful quilts dancing through my head...
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Got five potholders done--just have to sew down the binding on the other five, but my hands are tired! Hope tomorrow to get some more of my SiL's coin quilt done.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have started quilting my Irish Chain and will probably work on it most of the week-end.
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like there has been a lot of flash sewing already happening this weekend. I got some work done on a tote bag someone asked me to make. She has a yarn store and wants a tote bag for quilters and asked if I could make one. I looked online and haven't found a pattern for one so I made it up. I have channels on the inside for knitting needles, crochet hooks, scissors and the other little doo dads that you use when quilting (i.e. stitch holders, markers, etc.)

Other than that, I've got the column quilt to work on, some tablerunners and I need to get some double-handed oven mitts cut from my sunflower fabric to go with the six regular potholders I already finished. I am done for tonight though. A bit tired and I don't want to mess something up so I'll stay away from scissors, rotary cutter and needles and pins. I may do a bit of knitting on a dishcloth (#7 in an order of 10). That should be safe.

See you all tomorrow.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Got both of the side panels of tshirt quilt assembled...this consisted of joining three small panels in a way in which I will be able to join it to center panel. It was HOT upstairs..the window ac upstairs just wasn't cutting it. Gave up sweating after awhile and worked on embroidery project downstairs (aaahhhh...real AC!) for a bit. I hope to head upstairs early in the morning before it gets so hot....
    Connie

Our lives are like quilts – bits and pieces, joy and sorrow, stitched with love.

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to finish the binding on my Bargello, finish and baby quilt, and try to decide what I want to bring to the forum retreat. If I get this all done, I will make a few more Dresden Plates. I took Jenny's class last month but I was still weak from being in the hospital ten days before. I did more napping that sewing. I think I can get this all done.