Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Thread: Still new

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Still new

Hi there, I tried this site a couple of months ago and I was just too overwhelmed with it. I have never been on a forum before and I don't quite know how to handle it. To get to know others, do you just comment on what they write or do you start new threads each time you come on? And how do you connect with the free giveaways? I'm sure I have a ton of questions to ask, but I just don't know what they are yet.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Still new

Brook, I'm new here too only been on month. I comment on what others have to say or the awsome quilts on here. I also start threads of my own when I have a question etc. Just take it slow and join in, everyone here is super nice and helpful. Before you know it you'll love the forum and the people here. Hope that helps, just start by reading some of the old posts and if you make a comment to one it will bring it to the top of the list again. Give it a shot I'm sure you'll like it.
    Mary
    A bed without a quilt, is like a sky without stars

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brook: The forum can be a little overwhelming, I know. The best way to get to know others is just to jump right in and respond to their posts. I've been on the forum just since May and I've only started a new thread a couple of times, mainly when I have a complete project I want to share. But, if you have questions, just ask! There is lots of experience here and someone will be able to answer for you.

As for the weekly give aways, what you need to do is respond to the thread that is for the current week. It is normally up at the top of your new posts, as it says "sticky", which means it's meant to stay at the top of the page. You have to answer the question each week and then some random program pulls a name to be that week's winner. Hope this helps.
    When life throws you scraps, make a quilt!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Brook. I agree with everyone else. Just jump right in and comment whereever you like. Ask those questions; you'll be sure to get the answers you need. Mostly, enjoy yourself.

Have you been quilting long?
    Nancy

I got a sewing machine for my husband. Good trade, huh!?!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! Glad you joined. Don't feel overwhelmed...just read the posts and comment if you'd like. I normally hit the option of "new posts" to start with and read through the ones that interest me. It is a great way to get to know everyone. If you have a question, you can most certainly start a new thread. Relax and have fun! This site is full of great quilting friends.
    Susan

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

It's so great that Brooke wasn't totally scared off - she got her feet wet and came back to dive in. Welcome!!! We're all excited to have you join us.
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."