Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hoot Hoot, Any other Night Owls out there?

Been up awhile and got involved in reading the many posts in General Discussion about not receiving a Thank You for quilts and gifts in general. Now I'm fully awake and probably won't get back to sleep so anyone out there to talk to?

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hoot Hoot, Any other Night Owls out there?

Oh May, 55 people have read your post and nobody stopped by to say 'hello'. My local time GMT, is 17.10 and I'm cooking the tea (dinner). So if you're still awake, hello to you. People just don't appreciate the work that goes into a quilt! Grrrr. Or anything else handmade.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Well Thank You Sheena for stopping by and chatting a bit. What a bummer, so many people stopped by and never said a word to a poor lonely Night Owl.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi May, so many times I wake up during the night and I am too darn tired to find my iPad. Sometimes I just turn the TV on and fall asleep to it. With my machine now I am sleeping much longer. It is way better than I thought it would be.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Go to Bed..jpg
Views: 64
Size:  11.7 KBWhoot! Whoot!!
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Hi May..........guess I should have got out of bed last night & talked to you. I woke up about 10 times but never got up. Maybe next time.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about that May.
    I was up.
    Snapping beans. Until 2:30 AM.
    I know, I'm probably crazy, but I wanted them done and the box was just too big to put in the fridge. Once I got them sorted & snapped in the super big bowl I could get them in the fridge.
    I have been fighting with the canner since I first tried it. It seems to work better with just one layer of jars in it, although it is designed to take two layers of up to pint sized jars. I think I have it's number now and I will eventually run out of green beans. While they are a bit of a pain in the behind at the moment, I'll be thankful for them as soon as we crack open the first jar.

So sorry that I didn't stop in. Once I got that box empty I was headed for bed! I have about another 10 minutes and the latest batch will be done. I'll call that good for the night and work on more tomorrow. I think I'll try running the Dilly Beans out on the propane burner on the side of the grill while the pressure canner does a few more rounds of the pint & a half jars.
    Then to deal with the apples and pears that will be up next as well as the last round of raspberries, blackberries, & evergreen huckleberries that are coming on. The crab apples are still hard green marbles.
    Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter,
    and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

http://www.toggpine.wordpress.com