Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Juki2000 vs Juki2010 Muddled and befuddled.

I keep looking at the descriptions of these two machines and for the life of me cannot see how they differ (other than price). Does anyone know what the difference is?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Juki2000 vs Juki2010 Muddled and befuddled.

One is an older model, I think. I looked at a discounted 2000 last year, figured they were coming out with the 2010 so they were trying to sell the 2000. I sewed on one ( or the other) at a quilt expo, liked it a lot!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have the TL 2010Q, which is the newer model. They made an improvement to this current model by the addition of a sub-tension ring. Not sure about other improvements. I love this machine! It loves any kind of thread, always makes a beautiful stitch, no trouble sewing through many layers and it's FAST!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love mine too and have done a lot of sewing with it - no problems!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Another confusion may arise between the 2010Q and the 2010Qi--the Qi doesn't have speed control which is a feature I really like because this is an amazingly fast machine. After research I went with the 2010Q, and I love it!

Edit: I don't think the 2000 has speed control, and I'm not sure about the thread cutter. I've grown addicted to the foot pedal thread cutter on my 2010Q--so convenient.
    Last edited by Angelia; August 23rd, 2014 at 01:34 PM.
    Courtesy is not optional.

http://theeclecticabuela.blogspot.com

Binding Belle

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Juki 2010Q. It has all the great features (thread cutter, speed control) and sews through bricks!! My next machine will do more fancy work-embroidery and other advanced stitches. The Juki is straight stitch only. Everyone has their own favorite machine-you will find THE one for you!!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I love the idea of speed control too, thread cutter would be wonderful! I could have sworn that the grace gracie frames also had a dual featured stitch regulator and constant speed control. Would that then conflict with the speed control feature on the Juki 2010Q???
    I'm 95% sure I'll be going with the Juki2010Q and a Gracie frame. It's a gift to myself and I figure I'll have enough left over in my gift pot to then get more fabric, new mat, maybe micro handles and.....and...and.... I mean wouldn't it be awful if here I got a brand new quilting set up and then had no money for project material!???? That's like when an addicted smoker has a carton of cigerettes and NO matches.

Thank you everybody for you thoughts!