Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Table runner suggestions…I need to turn into a production factory!

We just returned Sunday from another week gallivanting around the country side. This time going to southern Utah to some of the most beautiful outdoor venues to attend plays. When we returned it happened again. Last time it was 11 wedding invitations and extra. This time it is 7 wedding invitations, 3 bridal showers and a baby shower for twin girls. Man, this is going to break me! When my son got married this past spring I was excited at all of the people attending the bridal shower for my now daughter-in-law. I just didn't realize that all of the attendees had children getting married, having babies etc and of course I need to return the favor……

My stash is crying out to me……I'll save you! So……. I'm thinking about Christmas table runners. They will all need Christmas decorations….may not look too great on those twin babies….but just might give the rest of them something more personal than a gift card or check. And then I'd have more room for more daily deals.

What do you suggest? What is a quick, classy runner that I could mass produce in Christmas fabric. I don't think these gals would be too keen on the snowman, but I think he is adorable…

Suggestions please from the smartest people I know.
    ♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ ~Debbie~♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    -:- Circumstances, often you can’t change them. It’s about choice. Some people say “under the circumstances”. I choose to be “on top of the circumstances.” -:-

Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Table runner suggestions…I need to turn into a production factory!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I like the one Jenny makes with the half hexi ruler. I've made a few and you can really change them up.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=27r6eGwDzXA

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

What about one using the dresden template........with the dresdens stacked instead of in a circle.......similar to the dresden coin quilt tutorial.

I'm back.........found a picture on one.

http://www.nancyzieman.com/blog/quil...-table-runner/
    Last edited by pcbatiks; August 20th, 2014 at 07:15 PM.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great idea, Pam. I hadn't thought of doing that...thanks for the idea.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I made a periwinkle runner . It was quick and easy.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	periwinkle runner and topper 001.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	84813 You could theme it to what they like, snowmen, santas, nutcrackers, angels snowflakes etc.
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the other one I was thinking of.......with the tumbler template.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2013-08-24 at 8.00.58 PM.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	84814
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

these are the table runner tutorials.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Missour...ch?query=table
    Tiffany

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are amazing. I'll start pulling some fabric right now! I'm still too sleep deprived to trust myself with any thing with a blade! This is great! Thank you so much!
    -:- Circumstances, often you can’t change them. It’s about choice. Some people say “under the circumstances”. I choose to be “on top of the circumstances.” -:-

Pinterest

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanym View Post
    these are the table runner tutorials.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Missour...ch?query=table
    Hey thanks I forgot about that one that looks like trees. This is wonderful. I'm inspired. Now what to do about twin girls. Think I hear costco diapers calling. I can made a diaper cake.

Pinterest