Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Saturday

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Saturday

It's a rainy one here. My flowers and veggies are happy. And actually, so am I. Love spending a rainy day in my sewing room. Will do a few other things first and then off I go.

What is everyone else up to today?
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

2. Thanks bajasadie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Happy Saturday

Morning Ginny,
    I'm off to see my folks today (as long as they will be home!). They live about an hour and a half from me and I don't get there nearly as often as I'd like

4. Thanks bajasadie thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Our Dgd won some awards at the county fair for 4H. So Grandpa is going to view them. They said if she was just a year older, they would have sent her to the State Fair on 2of the 3 projects she did. Really proud of her, of course.
    Since I have RA and a compromised immune system, I am not able to go into that kind of crowd. But good ole grandpa will.

I get to stay home and quilt! Yeah. I want to work on a couple blocks and/or start diamond rail quilt with the frost fabric. Won't that be beautiful? Can't wait to get it started. So about done moving my sewing room and can finally get back to stitching.

Hugs to everyone. Have a great day.
    Mary

6. Thanks bajasadie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going with my sis up to MSQC! Yay - haven't been there since they opened all the new different shops.
    ***Kathy***

8. Thanks bajasadie thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Hi and happy Saturday...I love Jenny but I also love Eleanor Burns and last night I attended her lecture here in Sacramento-wow!!! She is a treasure,so entertaining! I'm off work for 3 wonderful days....I'd like to make it to the Fabric store in San Francisco, I'll see how that goes! I've got a couple of her patterns on my mind

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, I ordered yesterday from M* , I'm curious to know how long it will take! TBC.....

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

A slight drizzle as we drove to Boutique de Target to get 3 bookcases for the Cyber Elves/Fabric room this morning. Don will have fun putting those together. lol Hope no 4 letter words will be spilt down there later today.

House will be filled with the peeps later as Zander wanted a sleep-over - we'll see how many Funniest Home Videos they will watch with Opa. They love that show and a bunch of them are on the DVR. I'll play restaurant with Penny...

Have fun everyone!
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

12. Thanks bajasadie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin' all! Beautiful, sunny day here so far - actually supposed to get into the 80's today! I can't believe I am excited about that, but we have had such cool weather - highs in the low 70's, it has felt almost like late September instead of July and now August! I wonder if when the heat comes back that we will end up with summer weather until November?

Stopping in while I sip a cuppa, then need to get a move on today.
    Lisa

M*QC forum is full of the best people!

I'm not just buying fabric, I am supporting the economy...

A bad day in the sewing room is better than a good day at the office.

14. Thanks bajasadie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning passed me by off to a late start today. It's been raining most of the day but we are saying thank you to mother nature for watering the flowers, one less day we have to do it.

Have managed to get a bit of sewing done this week. Will be nice to see some of the UFO's heading to the finish line!

Will be off the board for a while so if I don't respond to messages please don't think I'm ignoring you. Hugs to all who can use some extra today!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

16. Thanks bajasadie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good late Afternoon, Busy morning and just getting some time to myself. Rained a lot yesterday and cloudy all today but I didn't care as I was tired and planned to stay home.

Had my Granny cousins over for lunch yesterday and they sewed a few bright and cheerful pillowcases for my guild's ConKerr Cancer project that I'm co-chair of. We meet for lunch about once a month and I thought we'd do something a little different this month. Set up my machines on dining room table and I had pillowcase sets all ready to sew so I walked them through the instructions and they started sewing. Alice did a super quick job, Ann was a bit slow to get going but she did OK. I didn't know that Toni didn't know how to sew at all so she had a little difficulty keeping the sewing speed constant but she did fine and finished 2 cases before we broke for lunch. I set up lunch as if we were at a real sew in and, of course, had a dish of chocolates in the middle of the table to snack on while sewing.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-08-02 001 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	83556
    Last edited by MayinJerset; August 2nd, 2014 at 05:28 PM.

18. Thanks bajasadie thanked for this post