Post Thanks / Like

Default Thursday means the weekend is almost here

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	music.jpg 
Views:	2123 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	83377

Happy Thursday Folksies!

Yes, it's me again. I got up a wee bit earlier than the big man this morning. I was sleeping just fine, no worries, just woke up. And you know how sometimes you get a song in your head and your brain just keeps it going and going and going . . . when I was a little girl, I used to love listening to my Mom's Perry Como records. So, when I woke up this morning with "catch a falling star" in my head, I was not upset or worried about getting back to sleep. Now, my mind is remembering all the P.C. songs I can remember - and there are a lot of them, lol. Perhaps when I finish reading here, I will get on youtube and find me a few oldies to listen to while I mop the kitchen floor. Hot Diggetty, Dog Diggetty!

Yesterday was a decent day. The weather was pleasant enough - worked some more in our yard and of course, Mom's. Her kitchen painting is finished. Now, she wants to move on to the laundry/mud room. I told her, hey, let's do one room at my house and then one room at your house. That way, we can get both of our house's painted tout suite! I think she is seriously considering it. First I have to buy the paint. And oh yeah, don't forget, we need to get the sink put back in the bathroom. It is turning into a more serious situation than we knew. I am thinking positive thoughts here, folksies. Anyone know how I can get one of those tv renovation peeps to come to The Hill? sighs.
    But paint. Yeah, I can seriously use some fresh paint. I think I will send Luscious to Lowe's to bring home a collection of paint chips. All gazillion of them of all gazillion brands.

Coffee's finished and now I can sit back and enjoy a fresh cup. Ahhh! Have a marvelous day, Folksies! Smile every chance you get and take a break to sit and sew a few minutes as well. Blessings to all.
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thursday means the weekend is almost here

Good morning Blondie! It's good to see your smiling face so early in the morning!

The roofer FINALLY started on the roof yesterday. I'm so glad. It doesn't even bother me that my back yard is full of roofing supplies,etc that is totally in the way. Been a long time coming.

Yesterday I posted things I was happy about and I left one off. I was in the Dollar Store and saw they had candy corn!!!! Last year a friend told me to mix peanuts and candy corn together in a dish and eat them together. It taste like PayDay candy bars. I was hooked. So I was happy to see the candy corn on the shelf!!

Have a good day today everyone!!!
    Sharon

3. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the refreshing wake-er-upper. Also up before the crack of dawn and thought I'd browse the forum. Lucky me to find such a warm welcome to the day.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, way too early and no coffee yet. Ohhh Donny Boy!

Yesterday our Zman finally came back from his California summer vacation at his Dad's. It was six weeks but sure seemed a lot longer. Glad to have everyone one home again. He was not even out of Terminal C with Kat and wanted to know if he could ask us if he could spend Saturday night with us. lol OF COURSE! It will be nice to have a snuggle night with all 3 peeps in the king size bed. Now Penny is in there too! hehe Hmm, think Opa will have to slip out after they fall asleep.

Got a Cyber Elves Warrior package off yesterday that was a one day turnaround request for a little guy who went in for his 3rd heart surgery. Born with a long list of problems and only 4 years old. Surely Race could use a prayer from all of us. He came out of his 5 plus surgery and is doing well so far, long road ahead. He's a Mickey Mouse fan, so Kat and I had to make a run to get him a yard of that. Not enough in my stash for the main body for the pillowcase. This was called Mickey Mouse No1 Allover, soft to the tough, almost like a man's shirt, a tad thin though. I'm sure Race will love to put his head on it as he hold his over-sized Mickey Mouse doll that he got at Disney World recently. He's one tough cookie! We will continue to pray for a speedy recovery and good health.

Name:	Warrior Elf - Race Essl - Mickey Mouse Pillowcase Matching Crayon Roll-up Coloring Book - 2014 0.jpg 
Views:	851 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	83378

Blondie, I'm sure you'll pick out a cheery yellow for your room?
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

6. Thanks Blondie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning,

This will be a very slow day for me. Started a new medication and I think it's not agreeing with me.

Jeff has to work a double shift today. It will be midnight before he gets home.

I'm heading back to bed. Have a good day everyone.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy all.

This little guy is teething and kept mommy and daddy up last night. At least he's cute if you have to be up after only about 3 hours of sleep there are worse companions. He went to daycare today but I'm not sure if he'll stay all day if his mouth is still bothering him.

I got my http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/sho...l-hanging.html done, well, done except the sleeve to hang it. Don't tell the quilt police but instead of binding it, I serged the edges with white thread and called it a day. I did SITD quilting around each border of hourglasses so from the back it has a nice "links of chain" effect where they overlap. Too bad no one will ever see the back except the wall.

My niece (Tierney Noelle Cooper) was born in Seattle yesterday. 8lbs 5oz and 21.25 inches long. So a little heavier but not quite as long as little man was. Tierney (pronounced like "TEAR-knee") is an Irish name which is sort of weird because no one in my family is particularly Irish, and I don't think her family is either. The name is growing on me but I feel bad for that kid having a lifetime of "how do you spell that" and "how do you pronounce that". I'll probably just call her "TNC".

I hope everyone has a great day!
    Loosely based on a true story.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Your little boy is absolutely beautiful!!! (I can say beautiful until he's a toddler!) I'm a Mimi, so that's my "rule". I have a friend who's son is Peyton Cooper....they call him P-Coop! Love your new niece's name. My nephew and his wife have five children, four have very Irish names....Seamus, Rowan, Teague & Finley (at least I think they are Irish)--all boys. Their little girl's name is Julianna.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone..
    Blondie, nothing like turning on the music while cleaning..love it!

Ruby, I love the pillowcase and the crayon holder. I'm sure it will be well received and loved.

Bubby, I hope you feel better soon.

Ryan, he is such a little cutie. My grandaughter used those net snack holders too. Just a warning...if you haven't already found out, they are a pain to clean....and be careful...my daughter would rinse them in hot water right away, soak them until she put it in the dishwasher and they were still getting mold on them. It seems the food doesn't all come out all the time, even if it looks like it's gone. She ended up only being able to use them once or twice before she would throw it away.

Well, yesterday ended up just being a lazy day for me. I said I was going to do my dishes and that was all I did...LOL
    I did start a rag rug later last night. There was a thread stared on the subject and it got me motivated to try one. I've been wanting to make a couple of rugs, so we'll see. I also have to design a couple of quilts...both of my sisters have friends who are expecting boys and asked if I would make a quilt. They are both willing/insisting on paying me what I would charge anyone else. It's nice when people really appreciate the work that goes into a quilt.
    Well, I'm off to do some baby boy quilt designing. One of them is a nautical theme...not sure of the other yet. Any ideas for the nautical, let me know.
    Have a great day everyone!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning.....

Sawyer is such a handsome little boy.....hope he has smoothing sailing through the teething.

I've been working in my sewing pigpen and now I'm going shopping on Saturday. What happened is this....I have some fishing fabric (quite a bit) but need to see if I can find some brighter fabric to go with it.....I never actually realized how muddy some of that wildlife fabric is. Now....for the wonderful part of this - DH is going with me....but he is going to drop me off at the fabric shop and then go back to the sporting shop (I told him to take his time and browse around as long as he wants - and by that I mean look at and touch everything at least 3 times). When he is finished there he'll come back to pick me up. I am so glad he won't be standing around looking guilty of shoplifting....he makes me nervous when he paces around.

I'm sure some of you remember my class taking experience....well I'm considering another class at that shop. When I looked at their site, there is a different person teaching those classes. When I go there Saturday I am going to straight up ask them if Nancy is still involved with the classes there - before I sign up.

Well need to get busy....have a wonderful day!
    Shirley aka buckeyequilter
    I work to support a sewing habit that I don't have time for, because I work!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	83382

Just got my irish chain quilt back from MSQC yesterday! Love those shamrocks! I sent it to them for two reasons I wanted it back before I could work on it myself and it was a little too big for my frame.

Well, it was a wait! 3-5 weeks turned into about 7 weeks, guess they are busy in every department even with 7 quilt machines going! I'll get to the binding Saturday.

My show starts tomorrow, thank heaven! I think I have one more day of building, altering, sourcing pieces for the show, after tomorrow, I'M DONE WITH IT! Back to quilt making!

Hope you all have a great day!