What kind of CHAIR do you sit on to sew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bajasadie
    Designer Diva
    • Mar 2014

What kind of CHAIR do you sit on to sew?

Hi ladies, along the lines of sharing our sewing room photos I was wondering what kind of chair you sit on? I sit/ perch myself -sorry to say-on a kitchen-type stool.....and gosh does my back feel it after an hour-after two I'm hurting until I fall asleep! I know.... That's terrible. I guess it's because my sewing table is high and the stool feels just right. I'm sewing Jenny & Steven's TUMBLER tote and just thought the chair ? would be interesting conversation. The tote by the way is looking good so far....I've sewn the 20 tumblers together.
  • Doloris
    Missouri Star
    • May 2012

Re: What kind of CHAIR do you sit on to sew?

check this thread. was just talked about. found it back about 3 pages http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/gen...ind-chair.html
    Dolores :lol::icon_heh:

Comment

• Simply Quilting
      Missouri Star
      • Dec 2013

I currently use a wooden standard kitchen chair. I do put folded up a very small quilt in the seat for a little padding. Given a choice, I would have a nice padded swivel chair with wheels. It is on the wish list just have not made it that far down on the wish list. It would be a good Christmas idea. Thanks for mentioning chairs - now I've got my Christmas wish list started for the year.

Comment

• kensington
        Missouri Star
        • Jul 2012

I use a desk chair, it's soft and turns around whenever I need to.

Comment

• bajasadie
          Designer Diva
          • Mar 2014

How funny!!! I just logged on & saw yesterday's post! I' ll certainly check all of them out .

Comment

• bajasadie
            Designer Diva
            • Mar 2014

Funny thing too regarding the money- I am in Sacramento & we have a wonderful famous quilter in town with a 3day workshop....I usually attend these events but first....the LQS didn't have a schedule-told me to call back. When I called back they were sold out! So I decided to spend that $300.00 on myself....I took my little 221 in and had a complete tune-up for $129 and I still have the rest of the $$ left!

Comment

• MommaTails
              9 Patch Princess
              • Jun 2014

I use my dining room table for quilting so Im on just a dining chair. It hurts the booty after about 20 minutes so my next project is to make a super comfortable chair cushion.
              Drinking rum before 10am makes me a pirate, NOT an alcoholic!!:icon_bump::icon_bump:

Comment

• JCY
                Missouri Star
                • Jul 2013

Pike Bridge - Interfaith Quilters 3-2013 019.jpg This is the chair I bought on sale at Office Depot. JCY

Comment

• Quiltfreestyle
                  Missouri Star
                  • Jan 2014

I use the old office chair we got at Office Depot. It's comfy enough but the arms get in the way sometimes.
                  I am on the lookout for a comfortable task chair with no arms from Office Depot or Staples as soon as I have a chance to get there. Haha
                  I've seen really nice chairs at a LQS but I really don't want to spend $300 on a chair just cuz it has "Bernina" embroidered on the back.
                  May the road rise up to meet you...
                  May the wind be always at your back...
                  May you be in Heaven a half hour before the Devil knows you're dead...
                  Patt :icon_wave:

Comment

• janbee
                    Designer Diva
                    • Mar 2014

I have an office swivel chair that I bought at an estate sale for $20. I suggest you look at the clearance section of Office Depot, too. Often they will have office chairs marked down really cheap.

Comment

• melinda in tulsa
                      UN-Biased
                      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Quiltfreestyle View Post
                      I use the old office chair we got at Office Depot. It's comfy enough but the arms get in the way sometimes.
                      I am on the lookout for a comfortable task chair with no arms from Office Depot or Staples as soon as I have a chance to get there. Haha
                      I've seen really nice chairs at a LQS but I really don't want to spend $300 on a chair just cuz it has "Bernina" embroidered on the back.

You can remove the chair arms. That's what I did to my office chair. Set the arms aside in case I want/need to put them back on.
                      Babylock Lover: Unity, Symphony, Serenade, Imagine Wave, Coverstitch, Emore and Embellisher. Juki 2010Q and Grace GMQ Pro

Comment

• rebeccas-sewing
                        Missouri Star
                        • Apr 2010

My husband just recently bought me a really nice office chair. It has a metal ring for my feet to rest on when the chair is in the highest position. It is adjustable so I can lower it and then raise it up high enough to sit at my cutting table which is on bed risers. The best part is it has a lever to adjust the backrest so that it makes contact with my back when I'm sitting forward at the machine. No more lower back discomfort. It was quite expensive but I'll have it for a lifetime. Sometimes it really pays to put the money toward something so important. We all need to take care of our backs.
                        Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.

Comment

Working...
                        X