Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What kind of CHAIR do you sit on to sew?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltfreestyle View Post
    I use the old office chair we got at Office Depot. It's comfy enough but the arms get in the way sometimes.
    I am on the lookout for a comfortable task chair with no arms from Office Depot or Staples as soon as I have a chance to get there. Haha
    I've seen really nice chairs at a LQS but I really don't want to spend $300 on a chair just cuz it has "Bernina" embroidered on the back.

You can remove the chair arms. That's what I did to my office chair. Set the arms aside in case I want/need to put them back on.
    Babylock Lover: Unity, Symphony, Serenade, Imagine Wave, Coverstitch, Emore and Embellisher. Juki 2010Q and Grace GMQ Pro

Missouri Star

Orange County, CA and Baarn, Netherlands temporarily
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What kind of CHAIR do you sit on to sew?

My husband just recently bought me a really nice office chair. It has a metal ring for my feet to rest on when the chair is in the highest position. It is adjustable so I can lower it and then raise it up high enough to sit at my cutting table which is on bed risers. The best part is it has a lever to adjust the backrest so that it makes contact with my back when I'm sitting forward at the machine. No more lower back discomfort. It was quite expensive but I'll have it for a lifetime. Sometimes it really pays to put the money toward something so important. We all need to take care of our backs.
    Goodbye Europe! Hello California! Home sweet home.