Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rotary Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Hugs and More Snack

Quote Originally Posted by jrchapman
    These sound absolutely delicious. You can't buy Hersheys in the UK though so I'll have to go on a hunt for a replacement
    NO HERSHEY'S!!!! OMG! I don't know what I would do without Hershey's! I feel pity for you. You really don't know what you are missing.

Milton Hershey (the founder of the Hershey Chocolate Company) left behind an amazing pay-it-forward story. If you have the time, read up on it. Since he had no children of his own, he and his wife founded a school (The Milton Hershey School) for orphan boys and he left his entire fortune to the school. The school now accepts girls and non-orphans too. It is a NO COST private school to those in need. It kinda makes me feel better buying that candy bar. HeeHee

Here is an article on it: http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia ... 04/NY31785

Here is a link to the schools homepage: http://www.mhs-pa.org/

I live about an hour and a half north of the company. They nicknamed the town "The Sweetest Place on Earth" and it truly is an amazing place. It is not that far from Lancaster, PA. Lancaster is an amazing place to visit as far as quilting goes. It is home to alot of Amish people and they have some beautiful quilts to see.
    My user name is FunkiQuilter, but you can call me Funki for short. (Pronounced Funky.) I inherited the name from my cousin because of my love for unusual things.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

These sound soooooo good...I will be making them......
    TFS....
    bopeep

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jrchapman View Post
    These sound absolutely delicious. You can't buy Hersheys in the UK though so I'll have to go on a hunt for a replacement
    Nutella?

4 Patch Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, for in the UK, how about Toblerone?? I bet one triangle on each would work great, and you'd have the toffee in it as well!! yummy!

Batting Beauty

I live in two places. In the fingerlakes of New York and in Cana,Virginia.
    Post Thanks / Like

I also do these but I use the Snyder square waffle weave bite sized pretzels put a rollo on top of each and in the oven..watch carefully when they get shiney I pull them out and top with a pecan...Whola..my version of a turtle and trust me you never have any left when these are served

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is an older thread but I am intrigued. Sadly we do not have Hersheys in Australia either although we have many very yummy things that I know you don't have so maybe one day we can do a candy swap. We often send delicious things to our friend in Canada.

Anyway, my question is: can someone explain to me just what is inside the Hershey Hugs and Kisses in the hope that I can find something to use here. Are they some sort of soft centre chocolate? If all else fails I will try the Rolo, we do have those.

Thanks in advance
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Lynn,
    The Hershey's Hugs are Kisses, white chocolate with a ribbon of milk chocolate around them. At the holidays I believe there are ones with a peppermint ribbon around them.
    There are just plain chocolate Kisses, and then the ones with caramel in the center.
    Rolos are chocolate candies with caramel in the center.
    Lola

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou so much Lola, I'm sure I can find something from our Cadbury chocolate range, I will give these a try.
    Lynn

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain" Anonymous.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Dragonfly;9304]I know this is an older thread but I am intrigued. Sadly we do not have Hersheys in Australia either although we have many very yummy things that I know you don't have so maybe one day we can do a candy swap. We often send delicious things to our friend in Canada.

I love yummy things and an exchange would be great but don't send any vegemite

Do you have smarties or Mars bars?
    I love your licorice!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FunkiQuilter View Post
    NO HERSHEY'S!!!! OMG! I don't know what I would do without Hershey's! I feel pity for you. You really don't know what you are missing.

Milton Hershey (the founder of the Hershey Chocolate Company) left behind an amazing pay-it-forward story. If you have the time, read up on it. Since he had no children of his own, he and his wife founded a school (The Milton Hershey School) for orphan boys and he left his entire fortune to the school. The school now accepts girls and non-orphans too. It is a NO COST private school to those in need. It kinda makes me feel better buying that candy bar. HeeHee

Here is an article on it: http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia ... 04/NY31785

Here is a link to the schools homepage: http://www.mhs-pa.org/

I live about an hour and a half north of the company. They nicknamed the town "The Sweetest Place on Earth" and it truly is an amazing place. It is not that far from Lancaster, PA. Lancaster is an amazing place to visit as far as quilting goes. It is home to alot of Amish people and they have some beautiful quilts to see.
    I am going to have to blog about this!