Post Thanks / Like

Default Tuesday is always a good day to smile Pic Heavy Warning

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10351589_1439971626266565_6662862233599267286_n.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	82645

Happy Tuesday folksies!

I think I am eventually gonna land and touch terra firma in a bit. As you know, I've been up in the clouds with Eleanor Joy. My sweet little "Yorkers" left yesterday morning. I am still rather bereft and missing that sweet little voice and holding hands.

Name:	in my backyard.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	82648
    (son paul and nora)

We had tons of playtime - mostly coloring, reading and in the cool of the morning and evening, we picked blackberries, blueberries, played with bubbles and did one of Nora's favorite actitivities - Run, Gramma, Run. Faster, Gramma, Faster. (no, nora, no . . .)

Name:	bb2.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	82646

We got mosquito bites and a few naps; got to see a bobcat run across the backyard while we were picking blackberries and made a dirty face eating tacos and spaghetti. We had loads of fun making blueberry muffins and mixed berry cobbler.

During their visit they stayed with my Mom in the evening since she has better accomodations.

Name:	GG and Nora 7-14.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	82649
    (Nora with GG Ruth)
    The whole entire clan from all over this area came to visit and son and family also went to visit some old school pals, teachers, etc. All in all, it was a fabulous visit. All my angst disappeared when I saw Eleanor walking through the front door, holding up her hand and saying, "Hi Gramma". All my cleaning was worth it. hahaha.

I need to stop this. I am going to weep again. Friends, hearing Gramma for the for time did something to this head and heart as many of you well know. My son has a lovely, lovely family. I am more than happy for him, my heart is satisfied once more that he married well. The visit was extended a few days which was a brilliant surprise for us. The kids just decided to stay longer.

Off to see what I've been missing. Have a wonderful day, folksies. Be sure and laugh or at least SMILE!

Name:	27-IMG_2368.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	82647
    (Nora with dd Auntie Sarah)
    Sewing mends the soul.

Do the math; count your blessings
    Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside.

http://pinterest.com/vintageprims/boards/ Unless we are creating we are not fully alive
    ~ Madeleine L'Engle

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tuesday is always a good day to smile Pic Heavy Warning

Blondie how marvelous. I had no doubt that you were having a ball. You have made some wonderful memories for Nora to remember. My heart swells for you and I have tears in my eyes. Welcome back.

Another work day, and more quilting done. Hubby is back from his little trip. The guys also had a wonderful time golfing.

Looks like today is going to be a scorcher. It is cool right now, I have opened the windows to let the cool air in.

You made me smile this morning with tales of Nora.

Have a great day everyone.
    Blessed are the children of the piecemakers for they shall inherit the quilts!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Blondie! What a darling little Blondie you have! And I'll never forget the first time my first grandson burst out of the house to greet us as we drove up with that "Hi, Gramma!" When he was about 2! ( he was shy with us before then and we scared him because we were determined to smother him with kisses!). It sounds you had about as perfect a visit as possible! Thank you for sharing your wonderful week! We all imagined how much fun you were having all week long, and it sounds like you exceeded our imagination!

Still working away at costume details, we may get done! But more work today! But in two weeks, I will be done and visiting my grandsons in Iowa, so I'll get to enjoy that special feeling Blondie just experienced!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie,

Welcome back to the forum. I know how it hurts when the kids leave after a wonderful visit. Nora is absolutely a total Doll! I'm thrilled that you had a great visit.

Today will be a grand day to stay indoors. It's supposed to be scorching hot with very high humidity. I need to try to make a batch of dog food for the Girls and wash a load or two of clothes. I'm taking some meds right now that knock the starch out of me.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Blondie, Nora is just beautiful! I'm so happy that you had a wonderful week. How cool that they extended their visit. You'll have to set up an album so we can see all the pics you took while they were here.
    I'm feeling pretty good today, so my daughter Jessica is coming with Julia and we are going to take her to the beach...well it's a pond really. I used to take my three there when they were younger. We would go with some of the girls I worked with and their children and get there when they opened and stay until they closed. We would pack up the coolers with lunch and dinner. They had grills available so we would cook burgers and dogs, they would swim, play on the playground and get ice cream from the ice cream man in the afternoons. We even had a couple of birthday parties there. I can't believe that I now get to take my little Julia to the same place is used to bring her mom.
    Ok, ya, I'm excited! Making meatballs and getting them in the crockpot with sauce so dinner will be ready when I get home...yumm
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Blondie, I hope you get to rest a little today.

Barb, how do you make your dog food?
    Last edited by Madeforyouinma11; July 22nd, 2014 at 08:35 AM.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, Nora has grown so much! She's so YOU! lol I'm surprised she didn't chase the bobcat with "Here kitty, kitty!" hehe

I'm sure Mama Ruth and family were also in love with here, Luscious Larry spoiling her as well! Nothing like hearing "Gramma" to make your heart sing...

Huggers and Love, Ruby and Don
    Visit my fabric shopping cart YardageALaCarte.com - PM me for a 25% Off your Total Purchase Code, just mention "The Forum" in your message. Huggers, Ruby

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie so glad to have you back you were missed! Sounds and looks like you had a perfect time and Nora is just beautiful!
    Iris Girl = April = fabric, Fabric FABRIC!!
    Time spent with cats is never wasted.
    Sigmund Freud

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie, Nora is adorable and a mini you! I know you've had a wonderful week and miss her terribly now.

My grandkids are still asleep here this morning. The kids and I are planning a lunch out with bowling this afternoon. It's nice to be able to have them here and not have to go to work. A trip to the grocery is coming up too cause they've about eaten us out of house and home.
    *~* Myrna *~*
    *~* Quilters lead pieceful lives *~*

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning. Blondie so glad you had such a great time with Nora & family. She is a cutie! Your post made me smile too!
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

How wonderful the visit must have been. I was surprised at how grown Nora is, hard to believe it has been that long since she was born. I love it when our grands are around even though the baby isn't doing much but an occasional smile it is wonderful just to have that little boy in my arms. Emma is growing like a weed but hasn't said Grandma yet. She is a little backward in her talking skills but I am sure once she gets started there will be no shutting her up.
    I am glad it was a great visit for you all.
    We are taking the new pup to the vet today of another round of puppy shots, then exercise, then I hope to get some more of this My Blue Heaven done. There are lots and lots of little pieces in it but it is looking good so far.