Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Frustrated New Customer

While I regularly purchase items online, I made my first MSQC purchase on June 13. I guess I am spoiled by other sites, because I felt it took longer than expected to process & ship (over 7 days for prepackaged items). The day after I received the shipping notice I received noticed that one item was back ordered. Not a huge problem, but would have preferred to know before the partial order was shipped. The email said the item would be shipped when it was in stock, around July 21. Well, within a few days the item was back listed for sale on the website, but nothing telling me it would be shipped. I emailed customer service twice about when the item would be shipped and to date I still have not received any response. The item is still listed as available for sale as of today.

As much as I like the products and prices here, I am afraid this is probably the last purchase I will make due to the sad customer service.

If anyone at MSQC can help, the order number is 650951.

:-(
    Tamara

2. Thanks QuilterLinda thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Frustrated New Customer

Tamara,

I feel your pain. I have not had that experience with M*, but I have with other companies. I would suggest you PM Al, as the people who process the orders may or may not read the forums. Al is the owner and he would be your best option for help.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I would call the store directly. They can usually help get the problem solved quickly. If they don't answer keep calling back until someone answers.
    "I'm putting together a list of 100 reasons why I am NOT relentless!" - Sue Heck, The Middle

Leonard: For God's sake, Sheldon, do I have to hold up a sarcasm sign every time I open my mouth?
    Sheldon (intrigued): You have a sarcasm sign?

9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

.... I'm sorry you had a bad experience on your first order. M* has been growing so fast they haven't been able to keep up with things and thus their (normally wonderful) customer service has suffered greatly.

I placed an order at the end of May and finally received the rest of it (one honey bun wasn't included with the original shipment) on Tuesday ... this week. So two months is totally unacceptable. I do truly love M*, but I won't be placing any more orders until they get everything back on track.

My suggestion is to call, call, call..... but then do give them another chance when things are working again.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I once had an issue similar to that. An order that I paced later arrived before the first order was shipped.

Turns out they had sold out of one of the fabrics I had ordered. Eventually they emailed and asked if they could give me another fabric yardage instead. I made it difficult on them and asked for 2 yards of a cheaper fabric, saying to charge me the difference- but then it must have gotten overlooked because it took a couple of weeks for a response. I emailed back a coupe times... eventually two people contacted me from M*. I got my order with the 2 yards instead of 1 and was never charged the $4 difference.

I did all via email, my preferred method of communication. Maybe it would be faster by phone.

They were all nice. I understand that things are overlooked sometimes. What bothers me is when people are mean or won't apologize. This is my experience with the post office...
    "Only God is perfect, my quilts don't have to be!"

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I have had some things not go quite right. However, they have the best ever customer service. They have always made things right and compensated as well. They are awesome. They even called me once when they realized they had not shipped one of my large orders, and I had been so busy at that time at home, I missed that I did not receive it. As I said, one of the best customer service groups around.

I just never order online if I have a short timeframe.

Thousands are happy - they for sure have 5 stars. Good place to give a second/third try.
    Karen
    Life is short - live it up while you can

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I've never had a problem with M* customer service, or the quality of offerings they have for me to enjoy. They offer more precuts than any other site or store... ever. They have this forum where we can come and talk or share daily. And yes, even complain if you must. No other online store or shop offers a DD for me to grab at a moments notice to build my stash.

I believe if you are banking your whole experience on one shipment, then you didn't really give them a chance. They receive thousands of orders a day, they have opened three new shops, they are working endlessly to try to keep up with the demand. We all know things can happen, I'm glad that the overall theme of this forum is happy, return customers who understand they are growing in leaps and bounds and things take time. We're all adults here, (I believe).

7 Days turn around on an order is not a long time, that is just about standard based on my experience with many different online shopping sources. But, I do hope if you leave us, you find what keeps you happy where you do shop.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think they're probably experiencing growing pains.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    I think they're probably experiencing growing pains.
    They started the move from a 5,000 sq ft warehouse to a 42,000 sq foot warehouse that they built themselves this weekend, they are loading up anything that can carry stuff to move it and get it in there and organized. I have been there twice this week, and both times there was a steady stream of people lined up to see Jenny, for her to sign books or to get a pic with her. The girls are cutting fabric as fast as they can, and restocking the items sold out over the weekend.

And you know what? They read this, they see the kind and the unkind comments. They stress over it and they feel it. This is their baby and they have worked hard to get here. They deserve all the uplifting comments we can give them if you ask me. The more they grow, the more they have to offer us. KWIM?

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

And you all know what? If I didn't live all the way in New Mexico I would have been there, with both my trucks, to help them move stuff.

I am a repeat customer. Yes, I have seen delivery times stretch out into two weeks or more at certain times. I've seen items be out of stock when I really wanted to order it now. But I have NEVER gotten poor customer service from the people working there. If you are equating poor customer service with you not getting your order in two days, then you are miss-categorizing your complaint. Something taking longer than you thought it should take isn't a reflection on the customer service or the people providing it, it falls into order fulfillment or shipping. I recently got an order that contained a layer cake, a black t-shirt and a M* sticker. Nothing was placed in a plastic bag. There were little pieces of thread all over that t-shirt from the layer cake and the sticker was half-peeled off and fuzzy. It was a newer guy in shipping that filled my order. I sent Al an email and let him know that someone is shipping was losing their standards in trying to get things out quickly. Not using that plastic bag, which I have gotten every time before made a huge difference. Al offered to replace the shirt and sticker. I told him that the shirt will be fine when I wash it, just having that layer cake in plastic protects it just that much more when my postman leaves it on my porch. Luckily we don't get much rain here so it wasn't an issue. I would have really been upset had my layer cake been wet. So Al forwards my email to the heads of shipping and they will bring it up at the next morning meeting and there is a really good chance that a shipment will not go out like that again.

Helpful reminders or constructive criticism go a lot farther in instances like this than threats of never shopping with them again.

The company is in a transition right now - I'll hang on for the ride until they have settled in to their new shoes. MSQC and the entire Doan clan (and their employees) are well worth a few bumps.
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.