Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Shiny Thimble

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Frustrated New Customer

I have always had a good experience with orders placed with MSQC. I agree growing pains. I'm just so excited for them to have made a silk purse out of a sows ear. Thankful for ALL THE FREE TUTORIALS that Jenny has done for us, and the wonderful customer service.

2. Thanks bajasadie, Slokarma thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HandsOffItsMine View Post
    I will only respond to you with one more statement Gloria. How in the world do you feel the need to bring God into this conversation? That should speak volumes about yourself...
    Because He is a part of my every day life and normal conversation. People who know me know that about me. I won't apologize for that either.

I was just making a simple comparison.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I think the OP's point was that the item was not sent to her because it was out of stock, but then she saw it back in stock online, except that it STILL was not shipped to her, and she could not get the company to communicate with her about the problem. She was expressing her feelings (frustration) and the possible consequences of her feelings (not re-ordering) and asking for help (providing order number, since emails were not answered). I don't think the post was out of line, especially for someone who is new.

The most helpful responses were to try phoning, to try contacting Al (although a link or address would have been helpful), and to not give up based on one experience.

As for the rest. . .

Marci

Missouri Star

Just outside of St. Louis in rural Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!!! I just saw this and am amazed at some of the things I have read. To begin with, there HAS been a huge influx of new customers and new forum members due to the media coverage and the Cancer Cares Quilt Group. I have read, and been quiet on numerous comments dissing M*. Not this time. I think the OP did not realize that there is a large number of long time members that will defend the Doans and M* whenever it seems as if some one is speaking badly about them, or their company. The big move and the new warehouse is not new news. If you are going to complain about them, this really isn't the place to do that, unless you want for this exact thread to happen. I also don't think anyone has to make snide remarks about those members that defend the company and the Doans. We are a big part of helping grow the company. We have been their faithful customers longer than any one else, and have always been their staunchest defenders. So to those of you that don't want to buy from them, don't. If you don't want honest opinions from members of this forum, the don't give any reason to get one. To those members who only comment to make personal attacks, keep it to yourself. Been there, done that, over it.
    Blankets wrap you in warmth, quilts wrap you in love

Marilyn......

Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ozziepuppy View Post
    I think the OP's point was that the item was not sent to her because it was out of stock, but then she saw it back in stock online, except that it STILL was not shipped to her, and she could not get the company to communicate with her about the problem. She was expressing her feelings (frustration) and the possible consequences of her feelings (not re-ordering) and asking for help (providing order number, since emails were not answered). I don't think the post was out of line, especially for someone who is new.

The most helpful responses were to try phoning, to try contacting Al (although a link or address would have been helpful), and to not give up based on one experience.

As for the rest. . .
    Thank you - you actual read my post and understood it.

This company was recommended to me by quilting friends and until the posts I had no idea they moved or had a huge increase in customers.

I was just posting for help in a section of the forum called "Squeaky Wheel", which apparently I misunderstood as being a section if you had a problem and needed help.

I took the advice to PM Al, no response, but of course now that I know they just moved; that could be because they may not have internet service connected yet.

It is a real shame that some of you had to be so hateful to me just because I was new and not part of the long time clique.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting gardner View Post
    Thank you - you actual read my post and understood it.

This company was recommended to me by quilting friends and until the posts I had no idea they moved or had a huge increase in customers.

I was just posting for help in a section of the forum called "Squeaky Wheel", which apparently I misunderstood as being a section if you had a problem and needed help.

I took the advice to PM Al, no response, but of course now that I know they just moved; that could be because they may not have internet service connected yet.

It is a real shame that some of you had to be so hateful to me just because I was new and not part of the long time clique.
    We are not a clique, and you are more than welcome here. We love new people, new ideas, and perspective. We just defend the Doan's. I don't think anyone was hateful. You have not got a response from Al, "yet". They field thousands of emails a day, and if yours was missed it's not personal. If you read Al's comments here you will always see he is humble and welcoming, and willing to do anything he can to make things right for whoever is upset. Including you.

Tis my guess, with the moving of the warehouse, He isn't fielding email right now, he is letting customer service do it, and they are swamped. Can you imagine answering 500 to a 1000 emails a day? Please try to. You are asking us to understand your side, I am asking you to understand theirs. The item you want is back in stock, but may not be where it can be cut yet. Yardage cuts take longer than precuts. Always.

And just, Please... if you are not going to shop M* any more, tell them. Don't tell their children. (persay) KWIM?

8. Thanks mommiepainter thanked for this post
    UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

I think someone summed all of this up nicely. A little communication would have made people happy. If your a first time customer and they are taking your money but not filling your order and not answering your emails. Your probably frustrated. The good thing about the forums is- others who are frustrated can come here and at least find out what is going on. Apparently those in the loop and not new to forums or Missouri Star knew about the move.
    I watched some of her videos over the years. I knew about the company. But had other sources for my fabric/ goodies. I have been off work and stuck at home for weeks from some surgery. So I actually had time to browse the site. So a note about the delay in shipping would have done so much good. The OP issue I think probably hasn't been resolved purely because of the back up, not the back order. The posting of it on the website may have even been an automatic thing from when something is in or out of stock. Where the filling your order is something a person has to do. The computer can update inventory automatically when something ships in.
    I'm frustrated about my order. Not happy about the way it has been handled. And I thought "squeaky wheel forum" would be the place to post/ vent my frustrations. I actually decided to add to this post instead of starting a new one because it seemed to be very similar to my situation. And I really didn't see a need for a second negative post about delays.
    Sorry if I offended others with my frustrations. Not trying to bash the company. Just complaining about the way it was handled. I know that everyone loves M* here. But it is OK to say--they messed up. In fact it would be good if they said so to directly to all the orders placed. Isn't my email in my order/ account info? Or shoot hopefully they will stick a note in the box saying sorry. (Even if they generate a generic note for it-that would go a long way with me!) I just want to feel like a valued customer and that they appreciate my money. (Which they have had for over a week, while not even packing up my order)
    And I think we are coming here to vent because we have tried other avenues...and aren't really getting through to them. Clearly they are so backed up on everything! (emails, calls, orders....) You know when your annoyed at something and even the company is ignoring you-- you have to vent! At least I do.
    Again sorry if I upset others...that was not my intention.

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hey y'all, first, I appreciate the feedback, the OP was being sincere in the question and I didn't feel attacked or anything like that. I say it all the time to our team, but when we're about 4-5 days behind in shipping, I'll say "I can't imagine ordering something from the internet and having it take 4 days to even ship" it certainly happens sometimes, but not very often.

I really appreciate the understanding around the warehouse move, it was easily the most stressful thing I've ever done. Sarah's house and car got struck by lightning (no fire, just lots of insurance claims to deal with) and her husband who is normally the muscle in the group was off at scout camp with the boys, so we were a bit short handed for tying it all together, but we did make it over, by the skin of our teeth. So thank you for knowing that 8 days to get an order isn't what we're about, we are way more into shipping your order within 24 hours, which is what the move is all about

So on the positive side, we now have 20 shipping stations (well 14 right now, I'm building the other 6) which is way up from 11 where we were, we had 26 interviews this last week looking to fill the 6 new spots, as well as adding 4-5 more customer service folks now that we have a few more computer stations for them as well (our customer service gets behind when our shipping gets behind). So this stuff is going to get way way way better, give me a week or two, and you will be blown away. I'm so excited about the new software we've built to handle warehouse management and order fulfilment, it's unlike anything I've ever seen, and is going to be the foundation for us for the next 5 years. Honestly, it's gonna be great.

So again, I apologize for it taking so long for an order and for a reply email, both of those are still my number one priority right now, before June 13th, our monster sale, we were shipping within 8 hours of the order being placed, which was awesome, we'll be back there in no time!

Much love,
    Al

11. Thanks monklesmom, auntynell, QuilterLinda thanked for this post
    Fabric Fanatic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillNye View Post
    Hey y'all, first, I appreciate the feedback, the OP was being sincere in the question and I didn't feel attacked or anything like that. I say it all the time to our team, but when we're about 4-5 days behind in shipping, I'll say "I can't imagine ordering something from the internet and having it take 4 days to even ship" it certainly happens sometimes, but not very often.

I really appreciate the understanding around the warehouse move, it was easily the most stressful thing I've ever done. Sarah's house and car got struck by lightning (no fire, just lots of insurance claims to deal with) and her husband who is normally the muscle in the group was off at scout camp with the boys, so we were a bit short handed for tying it all together, but we did make it over, by the skin of our teeth. So thank you for knowing that 8 days to get an order isn't what we're about, we are way more into shipping your order within 24 hours, which is what the move is all about

So on the positive side, we now have 20 shipping stations (well 14 right now, I'm building the other 6) which is way up from 11 where we were, we had 26 interviews this last week looking to fill the 6 new spots, as well as adding 4-5 more customer service folks now that we have a few more computer stations for them as well (our customer service gets behind when our shipping gets behind). So this stuff is going to get way way way better, give me a week or two, and you will be blown away. I'm so excited about the new software we've built to handle warehouse management and order fulfilment, it's unlike anything I've ever seen, and is going to be the foundation for us for the next 5 years. Honestly, it's gonna be great.

So again, I apologize for it taking so long for an order and for a reply email, both of those are still my number one priority right now, before June 13th, our monster sale, we were shipping within 8 hours of the order being placed, which was awesome, we'll be back there in no time!

Much love,
    Al
    Thank you!

also thanks for the email/PM, I appreciate you checking into my BO.

Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

i'm sure you all saw but i just remembered that M* was talking about moving their shipping department to a new bldg due to lack of space! This is why everything is all crazy!
    Nostalgia and Warehouses
    Tiffany