Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One Block Wonder pattern

Wow! It's awesome. The overall color scheme & effect remind me of Kaffe Fassett fabric -- so vibrant.

This pattern is too scary to tackle for me, but maybe some day.

2. Thanks bajasadie thanked for this post
    9 Patch Princess

Post Thanks / Like

I have the OBW quilt idea in the back of my head....my problem is I fret over the fabric! I purchased the book a few years ago and read thru it...then put it aside....then a few months ago I watched a great video that made sense of everything I read so I said to myself this is the year I will make a OBW. Quilt......I still have 5 1/2 months !!! Lol Patti

4. Thanks bajasadie thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

That is absolutely gorgeous, would you mind posting a pic of the fabric, I need to see what I should be looking for to get one to turn out like yours. I absolutely love,love,love it. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Linda

Quote Originally Posted by bajasadie View Post
    Back! Ironed my top, measured it, took a photo and want to share it- it measures 4 feet wide x 6feet long- I think I will add a 4" green border and then one at least 6" border of the same poinsettia fabric- do you think 8" border is too wide- would look odd?
    Attachment 82209 Thanks! Sadie p.s. The photo was taken in front of my tv- that's why the middle green hexagon
    looks so so green!

6. Thanks bajasadie thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I had pictures of my sister's quilts but I don't. One of the things she did, that I thought was fantastic . . . she was short about 1/2 yard's length on her border and added a piece of the original fabric that she'd cut to make her hexagons. It was really a fix-it - but showcased what she started with to end with the beautiful hexis.

I had forgotten about this thread and had posted this picture some other place this morning, but I picked this fabric up to try my hand at making one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OneBlockWonder.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	82221
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, so pretty - the quilt and Sandy's fabrics.

I saw one done in black and white and the way the gal put it together looked like a night sky - just beautiful. I think if I ever do one, it would have to be in black and whites.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/quiltsbytrish
    http://quiltdreaming.blogspot.com
    http://pinterest.com/TrishLapp

What if you woke up today and the only things you had were the things you thanked God for yesterday? quilting trish

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

LOL....I have the same thing going with a Kathy Doughty quilt called Pheasantville!! I even made one block-love it...but I guess not as much as the OBW fabric/pattern. like you say 51/2 months!!!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely am amazed w/ Kaffe Fassett...I've been collecting his fabric & books....actually made a baby quilt using a partial pattern of his- came out wonderful. I'll get to him in 2015-working up my nerve!' Sadie

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Wish I had pictures of my sister's quilts but I don't. One of the things she did, that I thought was fantastic . . . she was short about 1/2 yard's length on her border and added a piece of the original fabric that she'd cut to make her hexagons. It was really a fix-it - but showcased what she started with to end with the beautiful hexis.

I had forgotten about this thread and had posted this picture some other place this morning, but I picked this fabric up to try my hand at making one:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OneBlockWonder.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	82221
    I love your fabric, If you could save my post and show me how it turns out- It's amazing the transition that occurs

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bajasadie View Post
    I absolutely am amazed w/ Kaffe Fassett...I've been collecting his fabric & books....actually made a baby quilt using a partial pattern of his- came out wonderful. I'll get to him in 2015-working up my nerve!' Sadie
    I have one of his books checked out of the library -- Shots & Stripes -- and the fabric for the table runner & placemats. His color sense is so gorgeous. And the pattern is fairly straightforward. The only thing spooking me out is dealing with the woven fabric of the stripes. But his regular quilting cotton seems no more difficult than any other fabric, & many of the patterns are way easier than that gorgeous One Block Wonder of yours!

Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much Claire.....there are the nicest ladies in this forum