Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'll show you mine...if you show me yours

workspace that is. I always think it's cool to see where everyone is creative...and I always get great ideas to implement in my space when I look at how someone else does it.

so here are a few pics of my space. It's in the basement of our house. We've been doing all the work ourselves to finish it, so it's not quite perfect and the ceiling isn't done yet...but it's better than nothing:

this is the space from standing in the doorway to my scrapbook room. yes I am a craft junkie.

You can see the big empty space on my sewing table...that's where my Brother goes when it's not sick.

You can also see that my table is up on blocks. I am tall and it was killing me having the table on the floor, this also makes cutting a lot easier, but I have to wait to get a second table until they go on sale again. So cutting gets done on the fold out table where you see my mess sitting.

this is my space looking from the living room area of our rec room. I have to share this space with our entertainment space (working on a projection system for television), as well as the kids' playroom, storage, a bathroom, my scrapbook room, and my husband's wood workshop (behind that brown ugly door).
    Michele

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: I'll show you mine...if you show me yours

Wow it sounds like you're busy with all sorts of projects. Your space looks awesome. I'm just hoping some day I'll actually have one. Our house just isn't allowing room for one yet, although I have some plans. I'll probably be a basement crafter just like you

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

I love the green on your walls! So soft and pretty!! Green is a favorite of mine! Here is a picture of the Shop busy with Ladies working on projects! Honestly, this is the only place I get anything done! My space at home is void of all sewing stuff and only has scrap booking stuff left! So, here is my space! [attachment=0:39wg7k7s]IMG_6518.JPG[/attachment:39wg7k7s]

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

OK Sarah... :| You're just trying to make us jealous aren't you! I'll get a picture up soon, My space is also in my basement it shares with the guest bedroom... which is soon to have an occupant. My sister in law is coming to live with us in April... 8-) I hope she likes to sew
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

thanks!! our greens are almost the same...so calming. The color in the pics though looks a little washed out compared to the actual color. It was called something to the effect of Spring Celedon....it looks like a celery crossed with lettuce.

I wish I could come and sew with all your ladies..how fun is that. Looks like they are having a great time!!

I can't wait to see everyone's spaces.

Misty - I love having my space in the basement. We have a daylight basement rancher. Since the kids are upstairs when they go to bed, I can just head downstairs to the rec room and sew to my hearts content!!
    Michele

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

Alright so I'm gonna stake claim on the shop picture as well since that's where I get everything done too! I just wish I could be there EVERY DAY! Such a happy place!

Shell, I'd be all about the basement room if I could just convince the hubby to downsize the "man-cave" portion. You know how it is.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

WOW!!!! you all have such neat work places, expecially Sarah and Jenny. I have worked there too a few times. Anyway I have to use the kitchen table, which is a bummer, because I have to move stuff all the time. I don't have kids at home and my husband works nights, so it isn't everyday. Thank goodnes. We are working on the spare bedroom right now and I am hoping I can use it as my sewing room, someday. My husband is kind of slow when it comes to doing stuff around the house. Does anyone else have one like that?

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh,

I wish we had a shop like that in my area. Everyone seems to be having fun and being so productive. I have to get all my fabrics online because all the shops are so darn far away! You would think in a big city we would have at least one.

Quilting Royalty

Post Thanks / Like

We have a lot of fun! Maybe you should just dive in and open one for yourself There's a need every where! (Or you could just move here) haha we'd love to have you!

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

OK so I finally got my camera back from the month long hiatus it had in the repair shop... lucky. Well, here's a picture of my space.
    [attachment=0:3j0dlxdy]100_0241.JPG[/attachment:3j0dlxdy]
    This was taken while feeding the baby, from the bed that is sharing my sewing room.

This was taken shortly after my husband stuffed everything up against one wall so that there would be more room for his sister. Don't get me wrong his sister is a great girl and I'm hoping to get some free babysitting out of this deal but I'm not thrilled about sharing my sewing room... with anyone!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.