Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Who else is OCD about their Cave?

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltngolfer View Post
    Oh yes, I love to have my sewing room neat and organized too. I just don't like to do it! I keep it fairly neat because my room is so small, 10 X 12. Otherwise I wouldn't have room to get in and sew.
    LOL! I could not have said it better! Love the neatness - don't like to do it! My room is due for a good cleaning organizing - soon. I have a week to finish GS quilt, and don't want to be putting on binding an hour before the gift is given to him.

2. Thanks pamipatch thanked for this post
    Batting Beauty

Post Thanks / Like

Too funny, now the room looks even bigger than when it was sideways !!!!

4. Thanks pamipatch thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Keeping organized is my secret to finishing projects and using up stash! I also tend to do cutting for future projects all at once. I pick out 4 - 5 projects that I want to work on, cut them and put them in queue! I don't like to leave my room for the night without putting my tools away. Then I know where they are when I need them and nobody else (little hands) walks away with them!

6. Thanks pamipatch thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand working in a messy sewing room I love when it's organized and clean, problem is once I start working on a project it no longer looks like that. It ends up being one creative mess!
    Nobody is going to stand up at your funeral and say she had a really expensive sofa and great shoes Life is not about stuff.

Visit my Flickr page, sewing and cakes!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/90704986@N07/

www.pinterest.com/cathyfiebe/boards

8. Thanks pamipatch thanked for this post
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great!!

I'm one of those who works better in a clean, organized space... But with sharing my craft cave between sewing/quilting, scrapbooking, and knitting.... I'm always cramped and seem to make a mess and end up stepping on things.

We're going to be moving my craft cave back downstairs to the master bedroom which is currently our spare bedroom. It's HUGE compared to the room I'm in now and I will have much more room to work. I'll even be able to pull out the fancy cutting table hubby bought me a few years ago that has been tucked away in a closet due to lack of space to set it up in my current room.

Now, I've just gotta light a fire under hubby's behind to help me in cleaning out the spare bedroom so I can start the move
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

10. Thanks pamipatch thanked for this post
    Prairie Pointer

Post Thanks / Like

I try to keep my room picked up and keep things where the belong. I have a touch of OCD and have a hard time working in my room if it is messy. I recently rearranged the room and did some purging while doing that.

12. Thanks pamipatch thanked for this post
    Designer Diva

Post Thanks / Like

Me, me, me. I can't stand working in a mess.

14. Thanks pamipatch thanked for this post
    The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Navas View Post
    Attachment 79260

I am often so bad that I had to come in after you and straighten up your corner just a bit more . . .
    HAHAHA!!!!! that's gold Sandy!!! HAHAHA!!!!!

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I'm usually pretty neat and organised, but it had gotten ridiculous with so many tubs and containers that didn't stack, and I felt like I was drowning. The last straw was when I couldn't find little things, and had to move a zillion tubs every time I needed something. Feel so much better now its done!!!

Except......late last night I had this scathingly brilliant idea that I should re-arrange my stash next. Oh no, lol. It's neatly put away in two big deep shelving units and a big cupboard. I'm thinking I should separate prints from solids and blenders. My spine is trying to jump out of my body and run away at the thought of this lol

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and the Scan n Cut? You wouldn't believe how rapt I was to find a shelf exactly the right size for it. Kooky as, its got 1/2" to spare around the top and sides of the box. I know I'm OCD by how excited I got about that lol.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Oh boy, I really do like it organized and try to put things away as I'm done but it always seems to wind up like a fabric explosion in there. After the craft fair on Friday, I will take the time to reorganize and purge a bit before getting into the next batch of projects. I have a couple of storage bins ready to be put together and move in there so I will have fun organizing them.
    Ginny B

http://www.ginnyscraftbasket.wordpress.com

18. Thanks pamipatch thanked for this post