Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default What the heck is a tag?

Displaying my ignorance here, but on the blog today it mentions tagging y'all on Facebook. How does one do that? I'm on facebook and I'm officially an MSQC fan on it, but I don't know if that's what you meant... :?
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What the heck is a tag?

I'm a little tag ignorant myself but I've been assuming that's what they mean since I can't figure anything else out Anyone else no better? Please correct me!
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.

UN-Biased

Post Thanks / Like

I think what it is a word that describes what your post is about. For example, if you are sharing a pattern that you found with everybody, a good tag would be "pattern". When you go back to the main forum, you will see a "Tag Cloud" on the right hand side, which will contain all the tags that people have used. So once there are a bunch of tag on the cloud you could click on any of them to quickly access posts on that topic.

I'm not 100% sure that this is right, but that is what a lot of blogs do. Forgive me if I has misinformed you!

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

your absolutely right carmen, the tags are so that you can group helpful posts together in one quick shot. If you're going to put up a show and tell item, tag it show and tell, then later, that tag will show up in your searches and in the tag cloud like carmen said, and when you click on it you will see only those posts with the tag. It's an easy way to collect things into helpful groups.

The Guild President

Searching for inspiration :) in other words... I'm here!
    Post Thanks / Like

Carmen is correct about tags in reference to the forums and various blogging and talking situations, but the question was about tagging the MSQC on facebook and we are wondering how to do that and what it means to do that. Otherwise the only facebook tagging I know is when you tag a photo by naming someone in it and linking to them. I don't have any MSQC pics so how do I "tag" you there?
    To stitch or not to stitch... There is no question.