Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default This has nothing to do with quilting other than I wasted time I could have been quilting.

I'm feeling under the weather today and so I'm not very energetic. I have been flipping through the TV channels and watched an episode of Law and Order SVU. It rolled over to Jerry Springer. OMG, the people that go on this show are none other than train wrecks.

I have decided it is safe to say if someone asks you to be on the Jerry Springer Show to tell you something, it is going to be bad news! No one ever goes on this show that aren't cheating, lying and probably even worse.

So if your significant other asks you to go on Springer, RUN DO NOT WALK the other way as fast as you can.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This has nothing to do with quilting other than I wasted time I could have been quilting.

There was an article I read several years ago that people try to get on the show just to be on tv and most of it is fake. Yeah, you should of been quilting. lol

Lorie

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: This has nothing to do with quilting other than I wasted time I could have been quilting.

Yeah, that's an hour of your life you will never get back ...
    K is for Karen .....................Cremation - My last hope for a smokin' hot body.

Before you speak,
    T - is it TRUE?
    H - is it HELPFUL?
    I - is it INSPIRING?
    N - is it NECESSARY?
    K - is it KIND?

Check my User Notes.

Machine Stitcher

Post Thanks / Like

LoL run do not walk!
    Enjoy the day! SoozG

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hulamoon View Post
    There was an article I read several years ago that people try to get on the show just to be on tv and most of it is fake. Yeah, you should of been quilting. lol
    One of my good girlfriend's neighbors were on the show. It was the mother and daughter and yes, for the most part it is all staged. The shows producers & writers tell the "guests" what to say and how to react.

Not all wounds are so obvious. Walk gently in the lives of others - Unknown Author

No one has ever become poor by giving - Anne Frank

http://www.etsy.com/shop/thequiltedpig

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I used to watch that show when I was in HS (14 + years ago) and found it funny. Now I find it quite pathetic that those people would want to go on national TV and make fools out of themselves... even if it is staged and fake. I'm sure they're doing it for the money that I'm pretty sure all the guests get paid for appearing.

Now Judge Judy on the other hand.... my secret obsession
    ~ Rosie ~

Shop: It's Coming Up Rosie

~ The "Dream Team" ~
    "Penny" - Brother VQ2400" ~ "Leia" - Brother PR655 6-Needle Embroidery Machine
    "Rosie" - Viking Eden Rose 250C ~ "Pearl" - Viking Designer SE LE
    "Thor" - Juki TL-2010Q ~ ~ "Sally" - Singer ProFinish Serger ~

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Bob, Did you get your nap in the recliner today? Take is easy today. Maybe tomorrow will be more productive. JCY

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

SnoozG, See that you live in Irvine, CA - one of my sons used to work in Irvine and we would meet him at The Hat a lunch of a great big hot pastrami sandwich and a big bag of fries.

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I just found out that Springer is ALL staged and they are paid! My friend at work told us this because her niece and boyfriend were paid to be on. It is all scripted, and they each received $500, pluse travel expenses and lodging. They live in OH and figured it was a free vacation. Oh to be young , adventurous and not worried about acting like fools on national TV -

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

I, too, know someone who was on the show - just for the money and the trip - although the story he and his friends put out there for the world cost him the love of his life and he regrets it these many years later . . .
    Sometimes, when there's a raging fire,
    it's best not to try to put it out with gasoline.

"...pal carajo con la negatividad..."