Hi Guest, Welcome to the quilting forums, register now —or—

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need your opinion, please?

Wonderful quilters,

Having made two valances for my daughter to put in her kitchen and dining area, I saved some material to make a table runner. I purchased three fabrics to compliment the valance pattern, but I am really clueless on the best way to put it all together. I have the two sizes of tumbler rulers and both of Jenny's quilting quickly series. Here is a picture of the material I purchased so what should I do?
    I have been a part of the wonderful world of quilting since last September so I am still a rookieClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Dianne 010.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	6309!!!!!

Thanks a bunch!!
    Dianne

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need your opinion, please?

I should add that I have 1 1/4 yds of valance material, 2 yds of the red and small print gray/black/ cream and 4 yds of black. Thanks

The Guild President

Post Thanks / Like

Hi there Diane,

There are so many options and Jenny has done a few of those in tutorials, so you might want to begin there. I love the dresden plates for table runners too. I also made a couple of table runners using Jenny's tutorial for squares..... I'm not sure what she called it but it's the one where she begins with 2 squares then 4 and so on. It's very simple to construct. Best of luck to you hon.
    ~~ Hugs and Blessings,
    Mia

...quilters come with strings attached
    (boy aint that the darn truth !!)

Block Queen

Post Thanks / Like

Mia is right. I made about 4 of those table runners and they are so easy and pretty. Here is the web site. http://blog.missouriquiltco.com/bask...ner-tutorial/#
    Last edited by Elaine; June 29th, 2011 at 01:43 PM.
    Elaine

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Cute idea to make a matching runner. I saved this pic of a tumbler pattern table runner to make some day.
    http://auntiesquaintquilts.blogspot....blerunner.html
    Patti
    "Like" me on Facebook @ Sweet Cherry Quilting to help spread the love of all things crafty and quilted!

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by patticakes View Post
    Cute idea to make a matching runner. I saved this pic of a tumbler pattern table runner to make some day.
    http://auntiesquaintquilts.blogspot....blerunner.html
    I really like this. Thanks for the reply.

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Hi there Diane,

There are so many options and Jenny has done a few of those in tutorials, so you might want to begin there. I love the dresden plates for table runners too. I also made a couple of table runners using Jenny's tutorial for squares..... I'm not sure what she called it but it's the one where she begins with 2 squares then 4 and so on. It's very simple to construct. Best of luck to you hon.
    I thought about this one...it is cute! Dianne

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dianne, what pretty fabric! Have you definitely decided you want to use the tumbler rulers? If not, a D9P (tutorial on MSQC) might work, using either the red or black as the center fabric. Like is suggested, using the more white fabric surrounding the center square; putting the focus fabric in the corners and then use the left over red and black for the borders. I have made table runners in this pattern, using 5 inch squares, and making 4 (9 patch) blocks. It comes out good size, but you could adjust the size by making the squares bigger for a larger runner or making fewer for a smaller runner. Good luck with whatever you decide...if it is anything like your delicious recipes, it will be awesome!
    Cynthia

Missouri Star

Post Thanks / Like

Dianne, what about pinwheels made with the red and black fabrics, on a background of the big print? I've never made a tumbler quilt but I'm sure it would be adorable in your fabrics, too.
    Last edited by debinmalaga; June 29th, 2011 at 03:05 PM.
    There's still time to change the road you're on - Led Zeppelin, "Stairway to Heaven"

Applique Angel

Post Thanks / Like

Great ideas everyone. I have not decided yet, but will show you what I come up with. Dianne
    Last edited by mlt150; June 29th, 2011 at 03:21 PM.